Valkyrie size comparison (ALPHA & VF-1S)

rnurmin

Hi all,

As I am moving the Green Alpha away from my displayed Hangar, I can't help but noticing the size difference between the 1/48 VF-1S and 1/35 Legioss Alpha.

From the scale perspective, the Alpha should be infact bigger since it is in 1/35. But if you look at the picture, the 1/48 VF-1S towers above him :o

Does anyone have a design sketches comparison (or anything) that actually prove which one is bigger? I remember someone posted a size comparison between a Valkryie against all the other Zentradi mechas, but I couldn't find it. :ph34r:

post-4-1092090976_thumb.jpg

Soze: Thanks for the link.

Wow, in this case, Alphas are really small compared to VF-1 Valks ;)

Zeo Mare: Montarvillois made this Hangar. It's made of thin corrugated wood with a melamine finish on the outside. The interior was painted with matt black for the floor and flat gray for the walls. All the "tracks" you see on the floor are made of grooved stirene plastic painted in gunmetal. The yellow and black trims and wall markings were made with adhesive vinyl.

very nice piece indeed how much did it cost you?, also i did not realize how small the alphas are

Exo: I remembered that Legioss Kit. It is about 1/48 scale since I own the Monogram version of it.

If the scales are correct, than that pic shows the exact size figure :ph34r:

Yeah, sorry I forgot to mention, that's Jung's 1/48 comparison pic.

When i was at the con the alpha looked really good next to the 1/??? valk....think it was the hikaru from the gbp//....dont think it was the MPC...

There was 1/55 MPC there to as well as a bad azz FP-MAX 1/48, i like the way it looked next to the 1/60 though ,

made them seem relatively close in scale and size

.. although the Legioss is actually way small....

Edited by orguss01

Does anyone know what a Legioss/Alpha would be comparable to in real world terms?

For example, is it about the size of a 18-wheeler truck? A little bit smaller than 2 18-wheelers? Something else to compare it to?

An Alpha is about 35 ft long... you can tow one on top of a standard flatbed of a semi and still have 10 feet space both the front and the back. A standard trailer is 53ft long.

An Alpha is about 35 ft long... you can tow one on top of a standard flatbed of a semi and still have 10 feet space both the front and the back. A standard trailer is 53ft long.

Welcome to Crazy Larry's Alpha Emporium Blowout Spectatular Sale!!!

Everything must GO! Want an Alpha Fighter? Come on down! We've got red ones! We've got blue ones! We've got green ones! Holy cow, we've even got a few Shadows, if you prefer!

We'll beat any competitor's price, or YOU get to take home a FREE CYCLONE!!!*

Our own fleet of semi trucks makes home delivery FAST and EASY! We'll have it at your home GUARANTEED** within 72 hours, or it's FREE!!!***

Don't miss out! We've got popcorn and balloons for the kids!**** Come on down and let ME put YOU into an Alpha!!!

* Recipient is responsible for any and all taxes, duties, and other fees. Home delivery not an option for any free Cyclone. Take it home yourself, jerk.

** No guarantee is written or implied. It just sounds good.

*** You're driveway must be large enough for semi and trailer to do a figure-eight to qualify for free delivery. We will not park on the street under any circumstances. But we may dump your purchase there if we choose.

**** Don't bring your kids.

When i was at the con the alpha looked really good next to the 1/??? valk....think it was the hikaru from the gbp//....dont think it was the MPC...

There was 1/55 MPC there to as well as a bad azz FP-MAX 1/48, i like the way it looked next to the 1/60 though ,

made them seem relatively close in scale and size

.. although the Legioss is actually way small....

All three were compared: a 1/55 MPC veritech, 1/60 valkyrie, and a 1/55 MPC Alpha. The alpha does seem comparable in size to the 1/60 but they aren't the same scale. I'd rather have all my toys in the same scale than same sized. Imagine if the Beta did come out and it was the same size as the Alpha. How big a gyp would that be?

The Tread is definitely bulkier than the Legioss, but not that much taller (battroid).

Legioss = 28.7 ft * 1/55 = just under 6.25" (8.75 m * 1/55 = 15.9 cm). Toynami may have tweaked the size up a bit if the 6.5" I've seen quoted is accurate.

Tread = 35 ft * 1/55 = just under 7.65" (10.7 m * 1/55 = 19.45 cm)

So, at 1/55 scale, a MPC Beta would be no more the 1.5" (3.8 cm) taller than the MPC Alpha, and shorter than even a 1/60 VF-1 which stands at roughly 8.3" (21 cm). IMO, the choice of 1/55 has a lot more to do with scale continuity with the existing MPC Veritech line than with concerns regarding a possible linkable Beta.

In any event, an Alpha/Beta, Legioss/Tread, combo would be one of the centerpieces of any collection and well worth having, even in 1/55. Now if they would only lower the MSRP.....

Edited by mechaninac