How much these used Yamato go for

Arthurius

Hi Everyone,

Pls help me give an updated value for some old used Yamato toys to sell in ebay. All toys are used and displayed, transformed about 5 times, mostly no boxes, except where indicated

1) 1/60 YF-19 25th Anniversary, with box, complete

2) 1/60 vf-0s 1st edition with fixed arms applied, skull stiker applied, all accessories

3) 1/60 vf-0a with fixed arms applied, skull stiker applied, all accessories

4) 1/48 vf-1s 25th Anniversary, with box, complete

5) 1/48 vf-1j, light black lining details, all accessories, no stikers

6) 1/48 GBP original color armor, no stickers

I really appreciate the help in advance, thanks.

Edited by Arthurius

When pricing macross toys you want to look at Ebay/Yahoo Japan sold prices. However, American Ebay prices are usually jacked-up past what most people would pay around here, unless it's a rare item like a VF-11 or VF-4. The reason is that most people are lazy, or ignorant of how to find these toys anywhere else. Not to mention the sellers have to pay fees, import the toys, or are just plain ole' price gouging to maximize profit.

There is an accepted market value that isn't ebay and I'll try to attempt to price them from what I know. This is generally based off an accepted going rate without price gouging and knowing what you can still find at retail.

The VF-19 - Probably $140-150 (You can still buy these at retail price for that + shipping)

The two VF-0's you could probably get $120-130. (Not having the box hurts it a bit. Having repaired shoulders is good, and bad. Plenty of people would buy them for display or kit bashing, but you can't expect top dollar. I just sold a broken VF-0a with perfect shoulder and a snapped head laser for $170 on ebay before shipping).
The 1/48 VF-1s maybe $150+ (They aren't super desired around here as 1/60 is king, but people still want them at a good rate.)

The 1/48 VF-1j $100 (You can get lucky and find these news for close to that, so not having the box and stickers hurts you. Might have to go lower. Personally, I hate panel lining but some people think it's the bee's knees. To me it's just some stranger drawing all over my toy.)

The 1/48 Armor set - Probably around $100-120 or so.

Choices:

Put them up on the BUY/SELL/TRADE forum here at those prices and you could probably move them pretty fast. A lot of people here probably already have lots of pieces so you'll have one guy looking for one thing and another guy looking for another. It might take weeks, but you'll sell them all.

Second, you can try to squeeze out as much cash as possible by putting them on Ebay. You'll probably get more than what is listed here, if listed properly, Remember, you'll lose $15 percent to fees. You're paying ebay for eyeballs on your auction. The upside is that you know they will sell in a certain time frame vs bumping them on the BST, over and over waiting for the right guy who needs that one item. If you have to have cash in a week or two, I would suggest Ebay.

You could also try craigslist if you live in a fairly large city. You could get cash in hand right away, but not a lot of people use CL to buy high-end toys.

All of this is assuming they are in good condition!!! You'd need to take pictures of everything, and the more you take, the more interest you'll generate. Show any paint scratches, fading, broken bits, or missing parts. Remember to be as honest as possible as feedback always matters for future interactions. If you screw people here they will remember it and won't help you in the future. Plenty of people will take in 2nd hand toys if they know what they are getting into. I've sold several broken pieces here for a reasonable rate.

Lastly, you live in Canada. I know that sucks (haha) but you'll have to factor in higher shipping prices to the 'States and you might have to downgrade your prices by $10-20 bucks to offset this cost to your consumer. The lower you are willing to price these and make an acceptable return, the sooner you will sell them.

Hope that helps. It's a sellers market these days so good luck to you.

Edited by Gakken85

Posting here would be your best option. Like Gakken said Ebay fees will hurt your sales price and expect to lose another $15-$20 from paypal fees. I've sold valks on ebay for $250 but after all fees and shipping it was more like $200

Well ebay takes 9-10% of whatever the sell price. So if you sold it at $250 that would leave you with $225.

Then you factor in Paypal taking 4%. So that's $216.

If you included shipping you're final profit is $216. If you didn't you have to pay $12-15 bucks to ship it and you're down to $200.

Like I said, you can potentially get more on either spot, depending on the time of day you list your auctions, or if somebody here feels it's a good deal.

BST = Pros: No fees. Cons: Wait longer to move multiple non-rare items.

Ebay = Pros: Larger market - set selling cycle. Cons: Fees and a-holes.

You gotta pay shipping either way.

I typically put things here at a slightly cheaper rate to get people to bite, and then move everything to ebay after 3-4 days. You can always take it down if somebody offers you a good rate here.

Guest davidwhangchoi

When pricing macross toys you want to look at Ebay/Yahoo Japan sold prices. However, American Ebay prices are usually jacked-up past what most people would pay around here, unless it's a rare item like a VF-11 or VF-4. The reason is that most people are lazy, or ignorant of how to find these toys anywhere else. Not to mention the sellers have to pay fees, import the toys, or are just plain ole' price gouging to maximize profit.

There is an accepted market value that isn't ebay and I'll try to attempt to price them from what I know. This is generally based off an accepted going rate without price gouging and knowing what you can still find at retail.

The VF-19 - Probably $140-150 (You can still buy these at retail price for that + shipping)

The two VF-0's you could probably get $120-130. (Not having the box hurts it a bit. Having repaired shoulders is good, and bad. Plenty of people would buy them for display or kit bashing, but you can't expect top dollar. I just sold a broken VF-0a with perfect shoulder and a snapped head laser for $170 on ebay before shipping).

The 1/48 VF-1s maybe $150+ (They aren't super desired around here as 1/60 is king, but people still want them at a good rate.)

The 1/48 VF-1j $100 (You can get lucky and find these news for close to that, so not having the box and stickers hurts you. Might have to go lower. Personally, I hate panel lining but some people think it's the bee's knees. To me it's just some stranger drawing all over my toy.)

The 1/48 Armor set - Probably around $100-120 or so.

Choices:

Put them up on the BUY/SELL/TRADE forum here at those prices and you could probably move them pretty fast. A lot of people here probably already have lots of pieces so you'll have one guy looking for one thing and another guy looking for another. It might take weeks, but you'll sell them all.

Second, you can try to squeeze out as much cash as possible by putting them on Ebay. You'll probably get more than what is listed here, if listed properly, Remember, you'll lose $15 percent to fees. You're paying ebay for eyeballs on your auction. The upside is that you know they will sell in a certain time frame vs bumping them on the BST, over and over waiting for the right guy who needs that one item. If you have to have cash in a week or two, I would suggest Ebay.

You could also try craigslist if you live in a fairly large city. You could get cash in hand right away, but not a lot of people use CL to buy high-end toys.

All of this is assuming they are in good condition!!! You'd need to take pictures of everything, and the more you take, the more interest you'll generate. Show any paint scratches, fading, broken bits, or missing parts. Remember to be as honest as possible as feedback always matters for future interactions. If you screw people here they will remember it and won't help you in the future. Plenty of people will take in 2nd hand toys if they know what they are getting into. I've sold several broken pieces here for a reasonable rate.

Lastly, you live in Canada. I know that sucks (haha) but you'll have to factor in higher shipping prices to the 'States and you might have to downgrade your prices by $10-20 bucks to offset this cost to your consumer. The lower you are willing to price these and make an acceptable return, the sooner you will sell them.

Hope that helps. It's a sellers market these days so good luck to you.

i posted some prices in the collector's section, but i gotta say this a really well thought out post with top notch advice

Posting here would be your best option. Like Gakken said Ebay fees will hurt your sales price and expect to lose another $15-$20 from paypal fees. I've sold valks on ebay for $250 but after all fees and shipping it was more like $200

ditto!

What I found out is people are willing to pay much more on new than used.