1/55 Gerwalk Shoulder Position Question

Skull-1

Gerwalk Shoulder Position Preference  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which Bandi 1/55 Gerwalk shoulder position do you prefer?

• Stock, unmodified - shoulders slightly above wing.
    • Modified - shoulders down below the wing.

I'm looking at my 1/55 customs and I have a decision to make. Does it look better to have the shoulders down so they're below the wing or up above?

The only way to do it without messing up the view of the toy in Battroid mode is to shave the intake blister. I have a test fit installed but I cannot make up my mind which I like better.

MOD IS THE VALK'S RIGHT (OUR LEFT). STOCK IS VALK'S LEFT (OUR RIGHT).

post-318-129092067677_thumb.jpg post-318-129092062995_thumb.jpg

post-318-129092073019_thumb.jpg post-318-129092069948_thumb.jpg

My green/blue 1/55 (see signature) in Super Armor looks absolutely kick ass with the shoulders and intake blisters unmodified. The downside to modifying the intake is you can't angle the shoulders up any more.

post-318-129097050379_thumb.jpgpost-318-129097047627_thumb.jpg

I hope this question makes sense.

Edited by Skull-1

Looks like the mod makes a big difference and is worth doing. It allows more Yamato-like posing of the Gerwalk / Guardian, especially holding the gunpod under the fuselage. The stock Bandai won't allow that pose.

Compare the pics in the first post to the following.

post-318-129165807591_thumb.jpg

post-318-129165813155_thumb.jpg post-318-129165809812_thumb.jpg

(I haven't replaced the shoulder blocks on the gray one ("Harriska") yet. It still has a tapered version that I tried out. That doesn't work as it ruins the look of the toy in Battroid / Battloid Mode.)

Edited by Skull-1

Nice work!!! If I still had the 1/55 bug, I'd totally give this a try. Congrats on a job well done.

So you do like it then? Ah, thanks. :) I think it works better.

Yes, you've graduated to much more sophisticated stuff. LOL (Am watching your other thread but haven't commented.)

I'm just a fan of the 1/55. Plus I have about fifty of them to work on. Gonna' keep me busy for awhile.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Skull-1

I like the OG un-modded look, but it's all pretty subjective. Your modded intake pieces look great regardless ;)

I should try to pose it and see if it will hold the other way. It might.

I think it is more like the Yamato. Not sure if it is like the animation.

Thanks for the kind word. I didn't engrave the blister vents. I didn't think they were needed. I could always do that I guess....

Edited by Skull-1

I think it works well, and you don't loose the blister. I thought about removing the blister and then shaving it down and then re-attaching it, to do the same job. Easy on the $5 bootlegs as the plastic is like Hasegawa kit plastic, but what put me off was achieving the same on a Bandai or Takka would be hard going.

Great Job there Skull :)

Well you can't cut the blister off and reattach it or you will weaken it too much. The JB Weld reinforces the thight pivot so you can shave down the blister. I see no other way to do it an maintain the strength of the part.

I like the way it poses with the gun pod held under the fuselage in Gerwalk mode. Pretty cool.

(Don't forget to vote in the poll.)

I don't have a panel line scriber so I haven't added the lines back in. Not sure if I should or not. I don't know if they are really all that important. Hmmm......

Edited by Skull-1

• 2 weeks later...

great work skull....love the perfect pose for the chunky.....i still have to learn how to make that v-pose gerwalk mode on my chunky....

Thanks, bud. Glad you like it. I really think it looks cool in Gerwalk holding the gunpod like that. So Yammie-like.

The thigh mod is wicked simple man. Seriously. It is beyond easy. Check out my sig for the link and just follow the steps bro.