Votoms Resurrection

Sage58

Morning all. To long time MWers, you may remember Sage58. I was very active in the old forums; however, I graduated from college right around the time the new BBS was created, and as much as I love "Macross," getting a job and the real world kept me away.

I'm posting today because I'm oldschool mecha jazzed. Central Park Media's just announced they're releasing all of Armored Trooper VOTOMS in a big metal box and are taking pre-orders AnimEigo-style. Memories of the "Macross" preorder, anyone? But unlike having to count my pennies for "Macross," Central Park Media is making VOTOMS available for only $99. Having a job also helps not having to count change. All the details are here...

http://www.centralparkmedia.com/votoms/preorderinfo.cfm

"SDF-1 Macross" remains my favorite anime, but VOTOMS (and her beautifully utilitarian Scopedogs) has always ranked pretty high on my list. Any other VOTOMS fans out there?

As far as money goes, you won't be charged until the first volume ships in march. Though if worse comes to worse, there will be individual retail releases, and a full box release after everything is out. This is just a chance to get the individual's as they come out, and the last vol will ship with a box.

I've really bad memories of the Z Gundam boxset: I'll wait to get some feedback onto the quality of the product before ordering anything...

349092[/snapback]

If you have any concerns, I'd recommend checking out the thread on AnimeOnDVD, CPM's marketing rep Peter Tatara is answering any questions people have about the VOTOMS release.

As for me, I preordered yesterday :)

Interesting... I had no idea there was a new DVD release of Votoms coming. Soft subs and improved video? Sounds pretty good...

(Of course, I already picked up the whole series a while back, the bargains available on the old DVDs were pretty good - though still not as good as $100 for the whole series...)

It's really a great show. Chirico is the f'n man.

Edited by tetsujin

I've really bad memories of the Z Gundam boxset: I'll wait to get some feedback onto the quality of the product before ordering anything...

349092[/snapback]

If you have any concerns, I'd recommend checking out the thread on AnimeOnDVD, CPM's marketing rep Peter Tatara is answering any questions people have about the VOTOMS release.

349132[/snapback]

Thanks for the info but it's also related to the fact that I live in Europe: getting my Z Gundam boxset in there was a pain in the ass and when I finally got it, it was to find this 'problem' with the beginning of episode... don't remember the number but the issue's pretty famous :p

On the other hand, if I can find a similar deal onto Amazon.com, I'll be interested to preorder this Votoms set: I never encountered any problem to get items into Europe with them :)

349092[/snapback]

349132[/snapback]

Thanks for the info but it's also related to the fact that I live in Europe: getting my Z Gundam boxset in there was a pain in the ass and when I finally got it, it was to find this 'problem' with the beginning of episode... don't remember the number but the issue's pretty famous :p

On the other hand, if I can find a similar deal onto Amazon.com, I'll be interested to preorder this Votoms set: I never encountered any problem to get items into Europe with them :)

349333[/snapback]

Deep Discount Dvd.com is good on international shipping, I got the Zeta set and the nw Trigun tin from them.

God, the only time I ordered an item from them, I never received it... :p

They may be honnest and serious, dunno (though they could respond to e-mails...), but not this time, thanks anyway: european customs are definitely a pain in the ass to get items from the USA when they come from small stores like this one :)

http://www.animeondvd.com/news/pr.php?pr_view=636

Some Q&A about the new release, taken from the now 15+ page thread  :ph34r:

349861[/snapback]

Great: this shows that customers are interested in, and for good reasons IMO :)

I'll wait for the release of the full boxset in stores: that'll make everything simpler for me even if more costly... It's still better than nothing and I really want to see this show since years