Getting warmer...

wwwmwww

What a sweet kit, just how rare is it?

325578[/snapback]

To my knowledge D'Stance only sold these at one event a couple years ago. My guess is there are only 10 or 20 out there. However, take take the Liquid Stone YF-19 for example. I know there are 20 of those kits out there. Atleast 6 of those 20 have been resold, 4 on Yahoo Japan, 1 on eBay, and the other one is sitting next to me as I type this. ;) And that is just in the last 6 months or so. To date I've only seen the D'Stance kit resold once between Yahoo Japan and eBay and that's been a couple years atleast. To me atleast it seems the D'Stance is alot harder to find.

Carl

Did a little digging. D'Stance sold these at the Summer 2002 Wonder Fest for 23000yen. Noel at one time had some pictures of that event here:

http://www.blackaces.per.sg/summer/summer21.html

Noel, if you see this. Is that report still up on the web in another location? If so could you point me to it again? If not could you post the pictures that were on the above page of that report again? I'd like to have a copy of them. Thanks...

Carl

P.S. There is some more info here: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=92

Edited by wwwmwww

Does that 21 have fast packs too? :o If so id say that kit ranks above the ClubM one in detail and options. Hope you get your hands on one. If you do could you send me some good pics of the fast packs so i can scratch build some for my 1/48th YF-21?

Does that 21 have fast packs too? :o 

325640[/snapback]

Yes and no. Let me explain. At the one event I'm aware these were sold at they were sold without fast packs. The kit pictured in my first post doesn't have a fast pack. However D'Stance did later make fast packs for this kit. There are pictures of it here:

http://park1.wakwak.com/~jasshy/yf21.html

But I'm not aware of this kit ever being sold with fast packs or of a fast pack upgrade kit being offered. That said, I'm not certain we've seen the last of D'Stance. I've been trying for 3 years to get a kit from them and I haven't given up yet. If I'm ever lucky enough to get one I'll certainly be happy to offer as many photos as you want. How is your 1:48 YF-21 coming along? Any photos of it?

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

Man look at all those pieces  :blink:  I can't figure out why someone would go to that much trouble to create such a complex kit and then only sell 20 of them at one event.

325737[/snapback]

common sense?

And the sick pleasure they get from watching fans squirm when they cant get their hands on it :ph34r:

in many instances these modelers are limited by license as to how many kits they can produce. i know such is the case for five star stories kits at wonderfestival...that's why the production numbers are so small and the prices go sky high on yahoo japan.

in many instances these modelers are limited by license as to how many kits they can produce. i know such is the case for five star stories kits at wonderfestival...that's why the production numbers are so small and the prices go sky high on yahoo japan.

326412[/snapback]

The same is true for Macross. I think the license limits them to 20 kits per year which for WF comes to 10 kits per event.

Carl

326412[/snapback]

The same is true for Macross. I think the license limits them to 20 kits per year which for WF comes to 10 kits per event.

Carl

326592[/snapback]

I realize all that but then they never showed up at subsequent WF events, just that one year.

I realize all that but then they never showed up at subsequent WF events, just that one year.

326598[/snapback]

I think they had planned on or would like to attending more WF events. At least that is the feeling I get from what little feedback I've gotten from them. I'm not sure what's keeping them from coming to more.

Carl