Pics of Blue Angels at Seafair.

Godzilla

the f-14 is interesting. it appears to be the same one in a painting i have that was made in 1980 i cant make out the name on it but it has the number of 160382 left of the Navy decal, you know what is the number on the pic i cant realy tell.

the f-14 is interesting. it appears to be the same one in a painting i have that was made in 1980 i cant make out the name on it but it has the number of 160382 left of the Navy decal, you know what is the number on the pic i cant realy tell.

here is the number.

post-26-1092039214_thumb.jpg

Ah, THAT Tomcat. One of the very few museum F-14's that actually did fly with the squadron it's painted as. (90% of all F-14's in museums wear either VF-2, VF-41, or VF-84 markings, even if they didn't fly with them). Though it didn't fly with VF-84 in the configuration it's currently in. (It's in final 1990+ config, not 70's/80's when it was with the Jolly Rogers)

That F-14 is very famous--it is the subject of the famous painting, and was about the most-filmed plane in "The Final Countdown". Note that I can't find any reference to it being AJ202 as painted, only AJ204 and 206. Will have to watch movie more closely, see if I can find which it was marked up as then.

As for P-51 and A-10: simply becuase they're the most common planes at airshows. If there's more types, you'll get a bigger formation.

PS--font's all wrong for the "VF-84" and bureau number. Not that BOEING cares about how Grumman painted up their planes.

Edited by David Hingtgen