VT-1 without FAST Packs

Yamato Lover

I came across a closeup pic of the Yamato VT-1 and noticed something that shocked me. The tailfins are tiny! It almost looks like it couldn't fly in an atmosphere with tailfins that small.

Did they make them that small to accomodate the weird FAST pack placement or are they actually that small in DYRL lineart?

PS: I do like how they included Minmay with the SO instead of a nondescript copilot.

post-4-1062426858_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yamato Lover

Check Macross Design Works and compare the Ostrich to other fighters. It's right, the fins are stubbier than a normal Valk. I don't think it's meant to do much in an atmosphere, remember it is a primary trainer (apparently) used more with FAST packs in space than without.

I guess the VF-1D flown in the TV series is the standard atmospheric trainer, and the VT-1 was developed specificaly to train pilots in the use of the more recently developed FAST packs? I don't get why they'd shorten the tailfins tho. The diference in metal couldn't be >that< much as compared to the full valk, could it?

I guess the VF-1D flown in the TV series is the standard atmospheric trainer, and the VT-1 was developed specificaly to train pilots in the use of the more recently developed FAST packs? I don't get why they'd shorten the tailfins tho. The diference in metal couldn't be >that< much as compared to the full valk, could it?

vf1d isnt;a trainer it;s a doubel seater.

Just like a lot of modern day D models, especially F-16's. Actual use, trainers, and for incentive rides.