Eaglemoss Star Trek Starship, BSG & other starships Collection

Sandman

I've been watching the release announcements, and did manage to pick up a few of the pieces that I missed originally.  Mostly a couple of the XL shuttles, Stargate ships, and BSG releases.

They're nice collectibles, but I just had too many gripes with most of the XL starships to pick them up, and the ones that were good would have felt silly unaccompanied by something to match them (ie, the Reliant was beautiful, but they managed to screw up the Enterprise Refit in so many unbelievable ways that I couldn't bring myself to buy it).  I never understood how they managed to make the panel detailing on so many of the ships look like they were run over by tractor tires (the XL Akira and Prometheus, in particular).  Part of me would like to still get the "All Good Things" Enterprise D, but they half-assed the phaser cannon, and it made the whole thing look cheap.

The smaller ships they released always seemed to come out much better by comparison, like the BSG fighters, and I picked up an XL Runabout and Delta Flyer, and really have no complaints on those.

The one I did make a point to grab was the XL Discovery Enterprise, mostly because of the size.  It's close enough to the length of the Polar Lights 1/1000 TOS Enterprise that I'm comfortable calling it 1/1000, because screw whatever noise the higher ups are smoking with the new scaling. :rolleyes: 

On 9/28/2023 at 7:47 PM, Mommar said:

I missed out on the USS Grissom when it was put back up for a short time.  Otherwise I'm done with that collection.  I have my little nerdy Starship wall over my turntables and I'm happy with that.

Not the Grissom, but they do have the XL Pegasus back in stock, if you're just after an Oberth.