Mad Max V8 Interceptor Ford Falcon XB 1/18 Super Deluxe Diecast Replica by Autoart

"She sucks nitro... with Phase 4 heads! 600 horsepower through the wheels! She's meanness set to music and the bitch is born to run!!" - Barry

Insta-buy!

https://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart/spaceships-vehicles-item-list-k-o-c-13_193/mad-max-v8-interceptor-ford-xb-falcon-1-8-scale-diecast-replica-p-23304

181AA01_Mad-Max-V8-Car.jpg

181AA01_Mad-Max-V8-Car_01.jpg

181AA01_Mad-Max-V8-Car_02.jpg

181AA01_Mad-Max-V8-Car_03.jpg

181AA01_Mad-Max-V8-Car_04.jpg

181AA01_Mad-Max-V8-Car_05.jpg

Mad Max V8 Interceptor Ford Falcon XB = King of All Cars :hail:

Been waiting for the "clean" Autoart version of this car to come out for a long time...finally! :yahoo:

Also saw this one...a lot cheaper, but never heard of the maker.....anyone? :unknw:

https://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart/spaceships-vehicles-item-list-k-o-c-13_193/mad-max-last-of-the-v8-interceptors-ford-xb-falcon-1-18-scale-diecast-replica-by-greenlight-p-23305

47 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Cool car.  Yeah Greenlight also makes 1/64 cars.

I have pre-ordered the AUTOart version at ami-ami. I'll see how the Greenlight version is upon release. I have had a few Greenlight models in the past and they haven't been quite up to the standard of other makes. 

I did have the Mad Max 2 version of the car by AUTOart but it was never the version I wanted as I much preferred the first movie version.

18 hours ago, spanner said:

I have pre-ordered the AUTOart version at ami-ami. I'll see how the Greenlight version is upon release. I have had a few Greenlight models in the past and they haven't been quite up to the standard of other makes. 

I did have the Mad Max 2 version of the car by AUTOart but it was never the version I wanted as I much preferred the first movie version.

Cool...thanks for the heads-up....pre-o'd at AmiAmi too! :friends:

Have you seen a better pre-o price for the Greenlight version....seems reasonably priced for just a display....

I skipped out on the Mad Max 2 versions due to wanting only the original.  Based on what I have read, apparently it is the NOT MAD MAX version...:db:

Looks pretty dang close so NOT going to worry about it...pretty sure someone will make the decals for it once it is out in the wild....

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Cool...thanks for the heads-up....pre-o'd at AmiAmi too! :friends:

Have you seen a better pre-o price for the Greenlight version....seems reasonably priced for just a display....

I skipped out on the Mad Max 2 versions due to wanting only the original.  Based on what I have read, apparently it is the NOT MAD MAX version...:db:

Looks pretty dang close so NOT going to worry about it...pretty sure someone will make the decals for it once it is out in the wild....

hey no probs mate! :)

to be honest I really haven't been looking much into the Greenlight model as im more than sure it simply won't be up the build quality and detail standards of the AUTOart version and is most likely the reason why it will be cheaper too. The AUTOart model will almost certainly be marketed as a "signature" series model just as they did with the "upgraded" MM2 car.

Really looking forward to it actually! 

I for one have waited many moons for a release of the MM1 version of the Pursuit Special.  But I've got to decide: drop a couple hundred bones on a much-coveted model of my dream movie car? or dedicate the funds towards a shock tower brace for the 1/1 XB in the garage, so's I can brace up the chassis and move forward with metal surgery?  Dammit; not having disposable income sucks.  Knew I shouldn't have pissed away that $$ on that damned Kalashnikov...

I suppose the closest we'll ever get to a diecast version of the Knight Rider's stolen HQ would be to pick up one from Classic Carlectables and kit-bash it, as they also make some kick ass diecast Aussie musclecars.  I managed to pick up a c-carlectables XAGT (Moffat) in 1/18 from a Canadian site, Linpin Holdings I think was the name--and at what amounted to wholesale pricing to boot.  I think they're no longer able to distribute diecast models of Aussie Fords due to some licensing issues or something, IIRC. 

ed: I dunno.  Not to be a doubting-Thomas, but going to try to compose myself and take this news with a grain of salt.  Just a little odd that no news/updates to be found at the websites for Biante or AutoArt on a MM1 version release.  And I could almost swear, but if them photos in the orig post don't look like ones for some resin kits that were offered by a custom builder on evilBay a couple years back, for kit-bashing the orig MM2 ver.  :ph34r:

Edited by reddsun1