Macross Icons for OS-X

the white drew carey

UPDATED INFORMATION!!! SCROLL DOWN!!! UNTIL YOU SEE "STOP!!!"

I've been fiddling around with making icons for Mac OS-X and here's the fruit of my labors thus far. For anyone who would like to partake in these, just PM me with an e-mail address to send them to. I'll send them out in groups of 5-6 to keep the e-mails relatively small. You might also need an Icon program to view them, but I'm actually computer illiterate, so I'm not sure.

Oh yeah, they look much better when they're on your dock. Trust me.

Anyhow... here's the first batch:

post-5-1061836876_thumb.jpg

Edited by the white drew carey

All these pretty Mac OS-X icons make me wan't to buy an Apple iBook. :wub:

However, I have to earn some cash for me to buy one. :(

What are you running? If it's Windows XP, there are instructions HERE on how to use these icons on your PC. I'm not sure how compatable these instructions are with other Windows OS, though.

I use Win 2000 on my PC. I will never move to XP due to the obvious flaws in that OS and I had a bad experience using it, so I don't bother.

Besides, the PowerBooks and iBooks are built like refined Swiss timepieces with comparable specs and price points. :wub: From my previous experience with PC laptops, I find that more than half are lemons. :angry:

One of these days I would get a PowerMac for video editing because Premiere performs better and Final Cut can only be runned on that computer. :wub: My previous experience with a PC for video editing led me into frustration when I get bad results with it. To vent my rage, I kicked the PC and punched the moniter because of it. I got swollen knuckles on my fists and putted dents into the PC casing after that. :angry:

What are you running? If it's Windows XP, there are instructions HERE on how to use these icons on your PC. I'm not sure how compatable these instructions are with other Windows OS, though.

I use Win 2000 on my PC. I will never move to XP due to the obvious flaws in that OS and I had a bad experience using it, so I don't bother.

Besides, the PowerBooks and iBooks are built like refined Swiss timepieces with comparable specs and price points. :wub: From my previous experience with PC laptops, I find that more than half are lemons. :angry:

One of these days I would get a PowerMac for video editing because Premiere performs better and Final Cut can only be runned on that computer. :wub: My previous experience with a PC for video editing led me into frustration when I get bad results with it. To vent my rage, I kicked the PC and punched the moniter because of it. I got swollen knuckles on my fists and putted dents into the PC casing after that. :angry:

I'm curious, in what way is XP obviously flawed? Once some of the initial problems are worked out (i.e. making it act like a normal OS, not th enewbie OS), XP can be just like 2K, except noticeably more stable.

Oh, BTW, premire won't be running better on mac anymore. Adobe announced that they're not going to make a Mac version anymore!

As for the icons, they are really ince. Have you considered doing any Zero ones? I'd use those. Hell, i'd use these if I weren't using a Zero-based pair of wallpapers.

Edited by Commander McBride

Here's a few more, including the elusive VF-4 and VF-X-4... collect them all!!!

One thing I noticed is that they come off a little darker and blurry here than they actually look on the dock.

Gotta catch 'em all.

Nice work dude, if I had a Mac I'd so use these...

Heck I don't even know what they're for! Yay!

Yellowlightman- I forgot :o

Eming- Please PM me your e-mail address.

Combined Arms- Kick ass avatar. My favorite plane in the whole wide world.

I'm currently trying to fix up several icons. For some reason, when they are not used in the dock specifically, the background is black instead of clear. Let me see if I can fix them and then I'll e-mail them off to you.

STOP!!!

IF YOU WANT ICONS SENT TO YOU:

Pick which sets you want from the list below and PM me your e-mail address with the set numbers.

IF I'VE SENT ICONS TO YOU:

I've fixed the problem where several icons have black boxes around them when not being used in

the dock. PM me if you'd like the updated icon files.

post-5-1063152754_thumb.jpg

Edited by the white drew carey