Jetfire

Bmaximum

Your a tranny fan right?

Actually I started out a fan of transformables. For the most part it really didn't matter the toy line. When I was young my family really didn't have the money to get me army dudes and vehicles to put them in, I opted for toys that could be both. As it turned out some were cool (transformers) and some not so much (convertors, go-bots etc...), it really didn't stop me from liking the ones that weren't so cool tho. I actually owned the Ovelon Gazette variant in the convertors line and got mad praise for it, only to have it stolen about a week after buyin it, I wasn't the only fan...Gi Joe was out of the question because even though the action figures themselves were somewhat inexpensive they almost certainly required accessories and vehicles which costed alot more and broke far more easily. From a parental perspective I can see why I did't get any Joes. In the end I am a fan of both Macross and the transformers (80's) toyline. Hope that answers your question! :)

Edited by Bmaximum

C'mon ppl let's keep it clean here...I'll admit, I saw it too but decided to err on the other side of things, s'why I spelled out "transformables", LOL! But seriously, lest the topic get closed by mods can we please stay on target? Missile trees...Jetfires?

C'mon ppl let's keep it clean here...I'll admit, I saw it too but decided to err on the other side of things, s'why I spelled out "transformables", LOL! But seriously, lest the topic get closed by mods can we please stay on target? Missile trees...Jetfires?

nope. no missles with jetfire. i still have my original. the only other accessory besides the basics (super parts and gun) was the ole arm clip to store his blaster

nope. no missles with jetfire. i still have my original. the only other accessory besides the basics (super parts and gun) was the ole arm clip to store his blaster

But was it one of the first releases? I have already seen evidence to state that the sticker sheets were different even among the Mat jetfires much less between the Mats and the later releases...you have an original Mat JF and all it had was the trusty gun clip? Thanks for answering before and thanks for any answer in advance.

But was it one of the first releases?

it's impossible for me to be 100% sure. however, i received it for christmas the first year it was released in the states.

i will say this. even as a small child i was fanatical about keeping up with accessories and keeping my toys in the best condition possible. so if the version i received came with missiles i would have remembered and would still have them.

if you know of any markings i should look for to determine the version i have tell me and i'll check it out and hit ya back. maybe that will give you more of the info you seek.

i wish i knew more/could offer more assistance

But was it one of the first releases? I have already seen evidence to state that the sticker sheets were different even among the Mat jetfires much less between the Mats and the later releases...you have an original Mat JF and all it had was the trusty gun clip? Thanks for answering before and thanks for any answer in advance.

The Jetfires never came with missles. Even the gun didn't have the spring in it to fire the missles. I have three jetfires, one with macross kite as a sticker, one with macross kite painted on, and one with no kite. I don't remember if the jetfire with the sticker on the wing came with a macross kite sticker on the sticker sheet. I heard somewhere before that there was such a version, but I never saw pictures so I don't know if that exists or not.

Yeah, I was the one who wrote that analysis of Jetfire variations. Notice that it's attributed to Ginrai.

Now, if you want to get extremely detailed, you need to list the transitional units, where parts-changes started drifting between units(running production changes). This means that, technically, (if you were Ginrai) you would need to own seven jetfires to cover all the bases :-)

Nice work Ginrai. B))

Just making sure everyone's aware of this site:

http://reocities.com/futuristgroup/vauto.html#jetfire

Detailed analysis of some Jetfire variations.

Thank you Thank you thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyout

hankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouth

ankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyoutha

nkyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the 1/48 "Masterpiece" Jetfire I made for a buddy of mine. Stickers from Reprolabels.

2301456087_85d0fb17ae.jpg

2302250182_cccd635b01.jpg

I had one of those - still had all parts + stickers + box. Wound up eBaying it off in 1999 (?) or so - sold it for something like $350 which was and still is some serious coin.....

Anyone know where I can find myself a jetfire? Did anyone ever re-release it?

if jetfire G1 (by hasbro/takara).. you might find a couple or so in ebay..

if jetfire TF (Micheal Bay version of jetfire looking like a pussy cat SR-71 Blackbird).. there are lots of it in malls/stores/online sites sooo many.

if jetfire TF (Takara/Tomy Henkei) - malls/stores/online sites still plenty around.

if jetfire TF (Classics/Universe) - malls/stores/online sites soo many.

i was hoping MP (masterpiece tf line) would re-lease a G1 Accurate Jetfire mold..

One more Jetfire owner who saw Robotech before I bought the toy. I was an 80s kid but never a transformers fan, (the fights were so lame and the story was so boring with the exception of the animated movie), Jetfire was the only transformer I ever had or wanted because like many other fans here deep down inside I knew what it really was, even when I was 8 years old and didnt even know that Macross was Japanese or that consumer product companies bought and sold each others products before they were branded.

Edited by Lott Sheen

Well, I'm the Ginrai who ran the website Masterforce.org and I was using the name in the '90s so it wasn't that common when I started using it. But yeah, I'm the same Ginrai who posts crap on CollectionDX pretty regularly these days.

Don't sell yourself short, I've always liked your work pretty clear and strait forward.

A good toy collecting read, IMHO since day one.

Also do you have an archive of your masterforce website goods, I thinhk that will really help out BMAX.

And it won't hurt to check it out for nastalgia reasons too! :lol:

Don't sell yourself short, I've always liked your work pretty clear and strait forward.

A good toy collecting read, IMHO since day one.

Also do you have an archive of your masterforce website goods, I thinhk that will really help out BMAX.

And it won't hurt to check it out for nastalgia reasons too! :lol:

Good lookin out bro! I'm always lookin to educate myself further! As you can all see by the collection I posted earlier in this thread I am a fan mainly of the transformable genre stemming mostly towards Macross and Transformers. ANY new input is always appreciated!

if jetfire G1 (by hasbro/takara).. you might find a couple or so in ebay..

i was hoping MP (masterpiece tf line) would re-lease a G1 Accurate Jetfire mold..

I definitely mean a Valkyrie jetfire.

But I would also LOVE a G1 masterpiece cartoon jetfire