Yamato YF-21

AlphaHX

I didnt really do too much to it. First off I added a clip to hold the back together just cuz it was always falling off. The next thing I did was that I added a hook device to keep the legs from rising up since his legs were way too short imo. I'll probably take more pictures later. Heres my yamato compared to the kitbashed hasegawa. Still nothing special but at least it looks a lot better IMO. enjoy.

HasegawaYamatoSmall.jpg

Edited by AlphaHX

Very cool, please post more pics, and detail pics of your mods. I think it's a pretty good toy except for the backpack on mine will not stay up, and the legs are pretty loose from the factory. I'm interested to see what you did, so maybe I can incorporate some of the mods on mine :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
nope. my pelvic joint is still waaaay too loose. i should fix that but i havent found a way yet. ill take more pictures as soon as i can borrow my friends camera again.

You should take some calcium to strengthen that pelvic joint of yours. :D:D

Anyway, can you put some more detailed pics of the mods? I didn't get what changes you did.

BackFlap.jpg

Here are my clips that hold the back in place. I just leave it when transforming since surprisingly they dont get in the way of the legs when in fighter mode. It can still come loose but its a LOT harder for it to fall off like it used to. If you do it by hand, for example when transforming, it comes right off. Its simple... but hey, its works. :D

KneeBack.jpg

Heres a picture of the screws on the pelvic joint which I found out that you could just easily unscrew it a bit and just tighten it and voila! its actually surprisingly tighter. Also, as you see where the leg rises up is a hook where i pretty much fused/hinged to the back of the 21. it folds up in fighter mode so the legs can slide back up to fit.

Edited by AlphaHX

YF21Pose.jpg

GASP!!! AM I ACTUALLY... POSING?

Wow! My knees are bent and I'm standing!!! :blink:

Damn those pelvic joints. I recommend everyone to just tighten them the way I did. If its not enuf, you can unscrew it, put some nail polisher on the joints and then screw it back on. After that... it should quite tight. :p

Edited by AlphaHX

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious....

Have you looked the lower legs fo the YF 21? are twisted! look the screws holes. You should be having problems trying to pose the YF 21 in gerwalk mode.

Compare the legs of the model whit the yamato YF 21's

Just curious....

Have you looked the lower legs fo the YF 21? are twisted! look the screws holes. You should be having problems trying to pose the YF 21 in gerwalk mode.

Compare the legs of the model whit the yamato YF 21's

im not too sure i understand what youre saying. but i dont have any problems at all posing it in gerwalk mode. the reason why i showed the screw holes was purely to show how i tightened the pelvic joints on the legs.

also i dunno why ur asking me to compare the legs of the model with the yamato yf-21. i dont have a model. i only do have the yamato yf-21. :blink:

are you talking about how the yamato's legs are completely straight and the modded kit's legs sorta curve out?

i actually like the legs on the modded hasegawa kit more than the yamato's legs :p

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

are you talking about how the yamato's legs are completely straight and the modded kit's legs sorta curve out?

i actually like the legs on the modded hasegawa kit more than the yamato's legs :p

oooooh... that?

i like that curves. i wish my yamato's yf-21 had that. :(