Interview starts at 4:06 if it doesn’t jump there automatically.
Hollywood, June 21, 2012
The drive down to the Sunset Strip at the heart of Hollywood, California is always a frustrating one no matter which part of Los Angeles you are coming from. Even in the middle of a work week, it makes no difference. The restaurants, the bars, the landmark concert venues are normally bustling as people leave their work and meet up to begin their night life. But on this particular Thursday night, four old school Macross fans, now far removed from those sorts of activities, decide to meet up with interests piqued to witness a true singing idol from their favorite anime series. BigKid24 (one of the winners of the forum contest) Eternl D, Kirik, and I braved thru the infamous L.A. rush hour traffic to see May’n.
It’s always nice to see Macross related news in the mainstream media! Well, mainstream to us Angelenos!
Click on the pic below to view article. There’s even a link to the old 2010 article about the MWCon that year.
Sitting here listening to Universal Bunny, waiting for tonight’s concert… how good is life?
See you tonight and Don’t be late!
[We’re eighteen days away from May’n’s Key Club appearance, I myself cannot wait. I thought it’d be a good time to continue the hype. Everyone planning on going should get their tickets soon and make sure that we show our Macross singers some love for the rare times they actually come to the U.S.
Some time last year Vanpang collected some questions from MW members to ask during his interview with May’n. Together with other MW members (James Wong, Ikhii, Rei) he was lucky enough to have a sitdown with the Galactic Fairy herself]
EDIT: The announcement of the winners have been moved up to May 25th.
I have 4 pairs of tickets to give away. 2 pairs for each of the 2 venues that is currently scheduled in the US leg of May’n’s World Tour (Rock Your Beats). One is at the Key Club in Los Angeles and the other is at Yoshi’s in San Francisco.
Click at the banner to the right or in the forums for more info on the tour and anything related to May’n in the USA.
1. You must be in California to enter.
2. To enter for the bay area show, you must live in Northern California (above the San Luis Obispo, Kern County and San Bernardino northern county lines.)
3. To enter for the Los Angeles area show, you must live in Southern California (below the San Luis Obispo, Kern County and San Bernardino northern county lines.)
4. To ensure that a current active member wins a ticket for each of the venue, you must be already signed up before this post and you must have above 100 posts by the date of the drawing.
5. Any registered member is eligible for the other pair of tickets (for each venue), so you can register one hour before the drawing and you are eligible. Anyone caught making duplicate accounts just to enter will be automatically banned. (Duplicate accounts are not allowed per TOU.)
6. Winners will be announced on May 25, 8pm PST.
7. Winners must provide Name, Email address, and Street Address thru PM within 48 hours of drawing, so make sure you check this thread on or soon after the 25th of May. Alternate names will be drawn just in case the winners fail to contact me within the time allotment. Name and email will be forwarded to May’n’s concert promoters and by entering the contest, the winners agree on these terms.
8. Tickets are non-transferable. These are WILL-CALL tickets and you will be asked for ID at the show.
To enter just post your mailing zip code on this thread.
[Editor’s note: I’ve been meaning to post our very own member Vanpang and Ikhii’s interviews on the front page since day one. In celebration of May’n’s World Tour and it’s US leg, I guess there’s no better time than now to get to it. Next week will be his 2011 follow up. Better late than never...]
The Anime Festival Asia 2009 (AFA 2009) was held at Suntec Convention & Exhibition Centre, Singapore on the 21st and 22nd November 2009. AFA09 spanned over 5,000 square metres of floorspace at the convention hall and is the biggest anime convention in South East Asia. The AFA09 organizers managed to get an impressive list of famous artistes and personalities in the anime industry to participate in AFA09. Those personalities included Nakabayashi Mei (aka “May’n”), Yoshiki Fukuyama, Ichirou Mizuki, Shoko Nakagawa (aka “Shoko-Tan”), Kaname, Danny Choo and Director Mamoru Hosoda (The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars)
Macrossworld members ikhii and vanpang had an opportunity to interview May’n. However we regret to inform that we did not manage to interview Yoshiki Fukuyama due to uninformed changes of his schedule at the very last minute.
UPDATE: Tour dates have just been announced via May’n Japanese Twitter account and fanclub email magazine:
May’n WORLD TOUR 2012 「ROCK YOUR BEATS」
Thursday, June 21
Key Club, Los Angeles
Regular ticket price: $40 (advance) / $50 (same day)
Saturday, June 23
(*special afternoon show!)
VIP ticket price: $100 (limit 100 – includes autograph session with May’n)
Regular ticket price: $40 (advance) / $50 (same day)
SEPT. 7: Germany
SEPT. 16: Korea
SEPT. 23: Hong Kong
Meanwhile, a May’n USA Twitter account has been created to keep American fans updated. Follow her on https://twitter.com/#!/Mayn_USA
An Industry source has just contacted us to say that there will be a May’n announcement for fans within the US. May’n, of course, is Sheryl Nome’s singing voice in Macross Frontier. Whether this will be a concert, appearance or some sort of media release will be revealed at the end of March*, so stay tune…
*see top for update.