Argento Soma and RahXephon

Effect

As the subjects say. What are these two shows (RahXephon and Argento Soma) like? Do they contain plenty of action, deep and engrossing story, romance for the main characters (with a happy or sad ending, I hope happy), drama, etc?

Anyone care let their opinions known on these two series? Please keep spoilers limited and clearly labeled and spaced if you must spoil something(good endings of romance are okay but give clear and plenty of space before spoiling).

Thanks

i have seen the first 2 or 3 dvds of raxephon, but i also saw the movie, which as i understand it is a recap of the series, dont bother with the movie, you cant cram 26 episodes into 2 hours without losing alot of character and plot development, as for the series, from what i have seen it is an excellent series, good action and story, i know from the movie that there is a romanc einvolving the maincharacter but i havent seen that far into the series and the movie doesnt go into too much detail, not that i would spoil it anyway, overall i would say its an above average show, worth watching, but it not the kind of thing thatll become a major influence as it does follow a relatively standard show formula

Rahxephon is fantastic. Watch it if you watched Evangelion and were disappointed with the ending. This is very similar but the plot, while having a lot of thread like Eva, managed to stay on the rails and make it into a coherent series. Although, I thought the Rahxephon mecha looked a bit fruity.. :unsure:

Watched both. They're essentially eva clones. People seem to like RahX alot but I didn't dig it. It shared too many similarities with it that it almost is a parody or plagiarism of evangelion. Argento Soma tries to be more original but about the same thing as eva....aliens coming down to earth trying to reach this point on earth for some reason. And its this organisation called Funeral, to stop them. They're both centered around apocalyptic plots and how the characters deal on the things happening around them. Of the 2, I prefered Argento mainly because it was more original than RahX was....in terms of Evangelion copycat concerned.

But a cool eva-clone I'm watching now is Sokyuu No Fafner aka Dead Aggressor. Again, an eva clone with alot of cheese thrown in together with random names thrown in (Siegfried system, Welles Field, etc). There's some interesting concepts of the show like the Siegfried system that would make for cool story objects.....so I'll stick to this show for now. Looks promising (despite Gundam Seed Clones characters) :lol:

Never saw Argentosoma. RahXephon is a good series, but I don't see what the big fuss is about it....

Want a good show? Watch Planetes....

Planet ES is cool....but has no relation with the thread whatsoever.....eva clone wise that is. :huh:

• 4 weeks later...

Yep as others have said, RahXephon can be described as an Eva clone, but with likeable characters and an ending that can actually be understood and makes sense :p.

Gotta say I enjoyed RahXephon far more tha Eva, but that may be just because I'm stupid and don't actually get Eva :p

Never watched Argento Soma, so can't comment.

Graham

I own the first argento soma dvd. Its a realy good anime, but a little complex to explain. Plus its been a while since I've watched it. You can get the first dvd at walmart like I did for about $11 and see if you like it. As long as you can keep up with and understand the storyline you will like it.

RahXephon got almost as trippy as Eva towards the end but managed to pull itself back onto the sane side of things just in time for the end. It'd certaintly get my pickfor an all around good mecha series.

Argento Soma is a bit out there but enjoyable none the less.

-NOS

And yes, PLANETES was a great anime.

Argento Soma draws heavily from Mary Shelly's The Modern Prometheus (AKA Frankenstein). It's not a bad story, but it's obviously not a big budget series. Also Bandai didn't put a lot of effort into the US release (the subs aren't the greatest for instance).