Hanger Diorama for your 1/48 Valk?

1994cobra

I found this while surfing at work today..

I have a few 1/48ths that I am detailing, and I've been trying to figure out a cool way to display them..

This isnt exactly what I was looking for, But I figured a few of you might be interested..

148hfl_sm.jpg

148hfl1_sm.jpg

Heres the link! Not a bad price too. $29.95! (not includeing the reson pieces)

http://www.scalemodelingbychris.com/148_hanger.htm

If anyone else has a link to any other hangar kits that are 1:48th scale, post them here!

Edited by 1994cobra

expecially carrier hangers wold be nice

My thoughts exactly!!! I just orderd a set of 1:48 US aircraft carrier crew, and Im planning on mocking something up soon...

looks like 3 pieces of foamcore stuck together...

:lol:

I think you're right.. I know its not the greatest thing in the world..

But still, if you're looking for a simple hanger mockup, this might do it.. I can picture it with some Macross symbols on some of the walls to spruce it up, some missle racks and bomb racks.. Maybe some type of lift to service the valks in Battroid mode., etc...

This thing could be the basis for sombody's dream Macross setup.

At the very least, it might give you some ideas...

Edited by 1994cobra

Hmm, the 1/48 accessories are cool, but the printed-on (decals?) windows and support struts look kinda cheesy IMO. If we were going that route, I think I rather have a Robotech SDF-1 Playset to use instead.

BTW, I've been looking for the early pics of the Yamato 1/48's that had them set up in 1/48 dioramas with flight crew, refueling vehicles, everything painted and decaled to look like UN Spacy standard issue equipment......

Does anyone remember where those pics are? I can't find them.

Edited by redemption

Hmm, the 1/48 accessories are cool, but the printed-on (decals?) windows and support struts look kinda cheesy IMO. If we were going that route, I think I rather have a Robotech SDF-1 Playset to use instead.

BTW, I've been looking for the early pics of the Yamato 1/48's that had them set up in 1/48 dioramas with flight crew, refueling vehicles, everything painted and decaled to look like UN Spacy standard issue equipment......

Does anyone remember where those pics are? I can't find them.

Here it is ;)Tokyo Toy Fair 2002

I scratch built one a year ago which I sold to RMURMIN. He is supposed to improve it with a few more features, maybe he could post more pictures.

I'm ashamed of myself for not being able to add more features to the hangar <_<

Montravillois: Here's how the hangar looks like in my room

post-4-1091211735_thumb.jpg