Inu Yasha countdown

Anubis

from Anime on Dvd's Comic Con coverage is this from the Viz panel:

Viz Anime

Comic-Con International: San D 2004

By Andrew Tei

The Viz Anime panel was headed up by Toshi Yoshida and Anthony Jiwa.

The InuYasha Season One box is a cardboard digipak that holds five DVDs on September 7th. The first movie comes out also on September 7th, and the second movie comes out on December 28th.

Flame of Recca volume one, "A Ninja's Test, 10/26/2004 for $24.98 with 4 episodes per volumes. There will be a one episode preview DVD is theĀ  October issue of Animerica.

Maison Ikkoku episodes 37-48 Box 4 (MSRP $49.98), will be released on November 23rd and will be available EXCLUSIVELY through viz.com and The Right Stuf.

An interesting tidbit that Toshi brought up was the number of episodes that Inu Yasha will be. He found out from the Japanese producer, that episodes 166 and 167 will be a double episode that ends the TV series.

This convention report was posted on AnimeOnDVD.com on: 2004-07-25 15:15:14

So according to this guy the show will end at Ep 167. Episode 158 is now available subbed from Anime-Kraze, so there's not much left to go now, and the story does appear to be drawing close to its climax finally. I'm still downloading 157 and 158.

Well hopefully there's some closure and it matches the manga... but who knows.....

That's a good question as well, wether there is as much closure as the manga will provide. If they use the last hour for that then that would be pretty cool. Should be enough time to take out Naraku by then. A show this long MUST have a good amount of closure time. One of the principal things that pissed me off about Ranma was it's lack of any closure, but Takahashi got it right with Maison Ikkoku apparently (haven't seen MI). I expect to see at least Sango and Miroku to get hitched for the end, or I will be irked. No idea how they will deal with Inu Yasha and Kagome. My-off-the-wall guess is using the jewel to become human intead of a full demon like he always said he wanted to do back in the beginning, then backed off of. Have to wait and see what happens, though I am looking forward to seeing how everything is resolved. Suffice to say, a 167 episode show should have a chick-flick-level happy ending, IMO.

I'll start putting synopses later. Have to write down some names and the details, and finish downloading the 2 eps I'm missing. For now though it looks like Kagura is close to figuring out exactly what needs to be done to finish Naraku off, just a matter of the mechanics, and the where the other half of Hakudoshi is being hidden, since that "child" is where Hakudoshi and Naraku's hearts are, she realized a few of episodes ago. Looks like Shassoumaru has to lend a hand as well, which is always good have him around.

If the show is ending in september, then when is the manga finishing? It should be ahead of the show shouldn't it?

all i know is....after the series is over there's gonna be another movie...i guess that brings the total up to 4 movies :lol:

you know if there is going to be another movie, any unresolved issues left hanging in the TV series maybe tied up that way.

all i know is....after the series is over there's gonna be another movie...i guess that brings the total up to 4 movies :lol:

you know if there is going to be another movie, any unresolved issues left hanging in the TV series maybe tied up that way.

Or maybe it will be OAV style and forget what has happened. ..

Nothing that says a movie can't take place during the timeframe of a series, even after the series has finished it's run. Been done a few times before. Doesn't have to take place after the series if the movie comes out after the show.

Nothing that says a movie can't take place during the timeframe of a series, even after the series has finished it's run. Been done a few times before. Doesn't have to take place after the series if the movie comes out after the show.

You are correct sir. Just look at Soungaa...

wow, flame of recca is finally coming out over here. I'm like on the last 5 episodes of that series now. I think I might just pick them up anyway to add to my collection! :p:D:lol:

Or maybe it will be OAV style and forget what has happened. ..

........ Why must you crush my hopes and dreams?

Well hopefully there's some closure and it matches the manga... but who knows.....

That's a good question as well, wether there is as much closure as the manga will provide. If they use the last hour for that then that would be pretty cool. Should be enough time to take out Naraku by then. A show this long MUST have a good amount of closure time. One of the principal things that pissed me off about Ranma was it's lack of any closure, but Takahashi got it right with Maison Ikkoku apparently (haven't seen MI). I expect to see at least Sango and Miroku to get hitched for the end, or I will be irked. No idea how they will deal with Inu Yasha and Kagome. My-off-the-wall guess is using the jewel to become human intead of a full demon like he always said he wanted to do back in the beginning, then backed off of. Have to wait and see what happens, though I am looking forward to seeing how everything is resolved. Suffice to say, a 167 episode show should have a chick-flick-level happy ending, IMO.

I'll start putting synopses later. Have to write down some names and the details, and finish downloading the 2 eps I'm missing. For now though it looks like Kagura is close to figuring out exactly what needs to be done to finish Naraku off, just a matter of the mechanics, and the where the other half of Hakudoshi is being hidden, since that "child" is where Hakudoshi and Naraku's hearts are, she realized a few of episodes ago. Looks like Shassoumaru has to lend a hand as well, which is always good have him around.

If the show is ending in september, then when is the manga finishing? It should be ahead of the show shouldn't it?

I sure agree with you in your analysis. Based on this site, Inu Yasha - Sengoku o- Togi Zoushi Kagura has made her decision to save Kohaku. Naraku's heart seems to be inside Mouryoumaru. As of the manga ending, it could be sometime in August.

Kohaku has regained all his memories and is trying to see what he can do, but he is limited in what he can do and has to do what Naraku tells him, and can't deviate, because he knows Nakaku will mind-wipe him again if he finds out Kohaku got his memories back. Doesn't seem like he knows if he can trust Kagura or not yet to work with her. In 159 Sango will fight Kohaku and I guess he'll spill his guts to her and let her know, as she apparrantly has finally decided to finish him off the end of based off of 158's cliffhanger.

Also, both Naraku and Hakudoushi's hearts are in Mouryoumaru, so it'll be a two for one once they can find and destroy that thing, though I fully expect it won't stay a sleeping "baby" forever, expecially when they can finally threaten it. Would be too easy.

I got 158 downloaded, and I'm working on the recent summaries to post up (I'll start with entering the border between the life and afterlife), though with class I won't finish until friday or saturday.

Also from Animeondvd

Inu Yasha Update (04:14 PM EDT): We received word from Right Stuf today that they'll be one of the few retailers that will be carrying the limited edition release of the Inu Yasha Season 1 box set, which is retailer for $20 above the regular price of $100. The Deluxe Edition is limited to 15,000 total copies, and includes an exclusive Inu Yasha necklace imported from Japan. These necklaces were selling at Anime Expo 2004 recently for at least $50 by just themselves.

Glad I waited until now to pre-order the season set. $89.99 from right stuf before GotAnime discount. Not passing that one up.

I don't think they will end it. Episode 160 is equivalent to chapter 331 and 332. The manga is on chapter 370 and Naraku is still alive. If Romiko finishes the Manga in Volume 38, that would take the manga to chapter 378. Which means the last 7 anime episodes would have to cover 46 chapters at minimum.

I think this sucks, I have watched all these episodes and they are not even going to end the series.

F.

Well, since the "guy heard from the producer" it may or not be true in the end in 167 after all, but we'll see. It would be nice to have everything the manga does, but I wonder if they would really condense it to finish by 167. Possibly the series will finish with the 4th movie after all if there's no time to finish it in the remaining 7 episodes after 160?

Still waiting for Anime-Kraze's 159 to show up. Anyone subbing earlier, or are they still the way to go?

I don't think they will end it. Episode 160 is equivalent to chapter 331 and 332. The manga is on chapter 370 and Naraku is still alive. If Romiko finishes the Manga in Volume 38, that would take the manga to chapter 378. Which means the last 7 anime episodes would have to cover 46 chapters at minimum.

I think this sucks, I have watched all these episodes and they are not even going to end the series.

F.

I hope so, otherwise it'll be a rushed ending.

• 1 year later...

Ranma's anime ending was totally messed up. They just got up and went to school again and at the last moment, waved goodbye and credits, that's it!

Horrible!

The manga did get to the wedding but there wasn't any closure in that either. What's with Ruminko making so many threads but never closing them? It's frustrating!!!