Fatal Fury Anime

kensei

I got lucky at one of the flea markets and managed to bag myself Fatal Fury 1 & 2 and the Movie. Quite frankly 1 & 2 sucked, and the movie was barely tolerable. Was there ever any other series that were released anywhere of Fatal Fury? I managed to get a quick snippet off Kazaa which cut off and was never seen again.The quality was a lot better and action scene was quite good.

NOTE: In the movie, the first fight scene between Terry and the three goons sucked. Note the quality difference between this scene and the rest of the movie.

Really?

I thought all 3 were good. The movie is the best though. I think that the FF Anime's are right up there with the Japanese SF2 Movie(In Japanese not the crappy US version with edits)

If you want to see bad watch Samurai Showdown or Street Fighter Alpha(Zero) :lol:

I got lucky at one of the flea markets and managed to bag myself Fatal Fury 1 & 2 and the Movie. Quite frankly 1 & 2 sucked, and the movie was barely tolerable. Was there ever any other series that were released anywhere of Fatal Fury? I managed to get a quick snippet off Kazaa which cut off and was never seen again.The quality was a lot better and action scene was quite good.

Fatal Fury 1-2 weren't that bad. Sure, they had lots of loopholes, but they were still fun to watch. The third one was nothing short of awesome. Even the English dub was good (much better than Sony/Manga's attempt at dubbing Street Fighter II).

oav 1 sorta blew, I didn't like the animation style back then, 2 was okay but a bit to angsty, and the motion picture had some rather ill drawn animation for fighting around the beginning and end.

As for a series? Nope, I don't believe there ever nor will there ever be an anime series...Terry and gang pretty much hang around King Of Fighters games and Terry's story was somewhat in another playstation game called "Fatal Fury: Wild Ambitions" which was The Fatal Fury crew in CGI animation.

There's also a manga series and Terry actually falls in love again dispite his last two dying on him.

I think that the FF Anime's are right up there with the Japanese SF2 Movie(In Japanese not the crappy US version with edits)

I've been looking EVERYWHERE for the uncut version that was only released outside of the United States. Someone posted a link to the DVD but the price was pretty damn high. Do you guys know where I can find the Japanese SF2 Movie (with subtitles)? :ph34r:

Really?

I thought all 3 were good. The movie is the best though. I think that the FF Anime's are right up there with the Japanese SF2 Movie(In Japanese not the crappy US version with edits)

If you want to see bad watch Samurai Showdown or Street Fighter Alpha(Zero) :lol:

Well..let me rephrase that. I agree that the movie was the best but the first episode seemed to lack any real plot or ....depth. The second one was a real improvement over the first is all I can say. The reason why I got them is that I'm a real Fatal Fury Fan.

I'm guilty of owning Samurai Showdown and Street Fighter Alpha. Both were only tolerable in my opinion, but i reckon SF Alpha was just freaky.

No, dude. They can't compare to Art of Farting. :lol:

I have never seen it but I heard it was the megaturd of the bunch.

I agree with A7. It sucked ass :angry:

I've been looking EVERYWHERE for the uncut version that was only released outside of the United States. Someone posted a link to the DVD but the price was pretty damn high. Do you guys know where I can find the Japanese SF2 Movie (with subtitles)? :ph34r:

So far, for the past four years, I've been looking for a subtitled version on DVD, but to no avail. I still have my VHS copy of the raw, untranslated version. MMX did mention not too long ago that he has the Japanese version on LD. Perhaps we could pitch in and do our own fansub.

I'm guilty of owning Samurai Showdown and Street Fighter Alpha. Both were only tolerable in my opinion, but i reckon SF Alpha was just freaky.

Ehhh...you thought Samurai Shodown was tolerable? :blink::blink::blink:

Hey... love the game (especially his appearance in Capcom versus SNK II) it's the only SS film I've seen, gimme a break willya? :D

Was there an original uncut version? there seemed to be a few scenes in the credits that weren't in the movie.

PS it pissed me off that Amaksa kept laughing every 15secs...very annoying. :angry:

Edited by kensei