Choose Your Macross Plus Box Spine

Anubis

Which M+ spine do you like better?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which M+ spine do you like better?

• Regular Desert Image
    • Desert/Sharon Composite

Looks like we've narrowed it down to either the regular Isamu Desert shot for the spine, or the same image with an image of Sharon embedded in the sky, courtesy of Bobe-patt.

I vote for Bobe-Patt's personally, but let's see the tallies so we can best agree what is going to be on the spine.

Regular Desert Pic

post-4-1090870595.jpg

Desert/sharon composite

post-4-1090870642_thumb.jpg

Don't like either really. I always thought that pic was kinda boring. Also I think the spine clashes terribly with the sides of the box. Edit: If the blue line art is still being used.

yeah, that's what I said before, and that's why I suggested something darker that'll blend in with the front and back line art like a blue sharon or something like that. But noooo, everybody just loved the desert spine, which would look good if we went with the cockpit pictures. So I just went with it and try to give it a little twist. Oh well, I tried. :p:D:lol:

I also suggested using the source Sharon pic on the spine, extracting her as would look best, but I didn't get many positives on it. The consensus appeared to favor a variation of the desert image. That was about when bobe patt started experimenting, first turning this blue, and then trying the composite out, which gave a best of both worlds to the spine I think.

post-4-1090907428_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Yup, they're all from the dvd box sets. Except for the Myung pic, that's actually a full size poster I've got. If you want to use it, I'm gonna need someone's digicam.

Bobe, you and everyone else help yourself to editing or whatever to the pic. I only wish I had mad PS skills like you guys :(

Let's do the box spreads in the design thread please, of else it'll be harder to keep track.

The deserts are better then the 19/21 silverish pic on the spine as well, IMO. I do like the top though.

Edited by Anubis

hmmm.... actually that top that has all three and the sharon apple circle thingy would probably look good as a spine too... I can cut all the white out so it'll look good on a black background. What do you guys think? :huh: