My VF-1J TV version completed

Grayson72

Another model from the collection I can scratch of the build list (only about 200 more to go :lol: ).

I wanted to build a 1J since I've built so many 1A's.

I did some light weathering, and of course it always comes out lighter in the photos. I painted some of the individual panels a light gray color which I'd never done before, I'll show ya a pic of that, it's subtle but I like it.

Enjoy

Nosecone:

post-3-1090093685_thumb.jpg

Drilled out the wing lights again, I love this little trick, it's a small detail that most people will never see but I know it's there. I used a gray panel wash for most of the panels and for the moveable surfaces I used black. In this pic you can see a tiny bit of the brown pastel pencil I used on the leading edge of the wing.

post-3-1090094131_thumb.jpg

Edited by Grayson72

Nicely done Grayson. But sheesh drilling out those lights, what a nutcase those clear bits are tiny! :)

Nice flightline pics too

Heh, yeah I'm a nutcase alright, I drilled out the head lasers too.

Glad you like the pics. :D

Awesome work!

They look great.

Only thing is the reserve nozzle should be red with a hole (black) in it and not orange and a portion of the wing tip section should be a yellow color.

Edited by Nanashi

Awesome work!

They look great.

Only thing is the reserve nozzle should be red with a hole (black) in it and not orange and a portion of the wing tip section should be a yellow color.

I assume you're talking about that little orange thing on the side of the main intake? That's the color the instructions called for. Can you give me an example of what you're talking about for the yellow part on the wingtip?

Great job my friend!!! :o

I love it, thank you for sharing.

So, what do you have planned next? :lol:

Something a bit more difficult this time. I'm taking the Arii Armored Battroid and modifying it to fit a Hase battroid. It won't be removable but the head, hands, arms and leg bits will make it look much better.

A long and expensive endeavor but oh well.