1/48 Valkyrie?

USMCBebop

Maybe I missed something (or missed IT if and when it came out), but how come I haven't seen a 1/48 scale Valkyrie model kit out there?

Sure there are great 1/48 "toys" like the one in the photo below. But what about something we can build? (Transformable or not, I don't care.) What do you all think? (Or again, did I miss the coming of some great 1/48 scale kit in the last 22 years?)

148VF1AH_f2.jpe

Edited by USMCBebop

Well, you'll have to settle for Hasegawa's 1/72's.

If you're lucky, though, you maybe able to find conversion sets that allow you to build the planes with flaps down, just like in that kit.

Thanks. I don't mind 1/72. It's just that for years, all I've been seeing is 1/72 Valkyries by Arii, Bandai and (with of course the same molds as the previous two) Revell. I built them when I was young. I only heard of the great Hasegawa kits last year.

I like the idea of building the Valk's with the flaps deployed too.

One of these days. . .

I bet that resin 1/48 Valk must cost an arm and a leg!

Edited by USMCBebop

FYI you can buy a nice recast of that ultimate strike kit at hobbyfan.com. It's almost $300 bucks but it's worth it. There's also recasts of the YF-19 (mine) and the YF-21 available from Jesse Meyers here on the boards.

What Gundam are you talking about? I haven't seen any Gundams here.

The MG Perfect Gundam I mentioned has very little surface details. There was no point in comparing that 1/20 Valkyrie to another Valkyrie model because every other one has more surface details than the MG Perfect Gundam.

Makes sense?

What Gundam are you talking about?  I haven't seen any Gundams here.

The MG Perfect Gundam I mentioned has very little surface details. There was no point in comparing that 1/20 Valkyrie to another Valkyrie model because every other one has more surface details than the MG Perfect Gundam.

Makes sense?

MG Perfect gundam, that the one with all the armor?

here buy this 1/20 scale on yahoo japan wish I had it its so dam freakin big :p

What is that resin or plastic? (I ask if it's resin because that's the usual color of most resin kits I've seen.)

Looks nice, too.