Gundam Series, Z ZZ Seed F91...

Start with the movies obx set (don't be an animation bigot) and then go straight to Zeta which will rock your world. After that, its up to you.

Although many fans have a high opinion of Zeta, it's not for everybody. Watching Zeta actually made me fall asleep on several occasions, as did MSG TV :lol: It's not so much that they are dated, I just found them generally boring with no likeable characters or mecha designs.

In order to get both a quality story & quality animation I'd recommend just sticking to the OVAs (0080, 00083 & 08MST) and some of the movies (CCA & F91). Then if you find you really like Gundam you can watch the TV series to fill in all the blanks and get more background information. I know this is sort of an ass-backwards way of doing things, but that's what I recommend.

Graham

I'd actually reccomend saving the OVA's for later. While yes they do have some good mecha action, they entirely lack Tomino's "Newtype" storyline aspects which I feel at least are pivotal to the Gundam experience. The 0079 movies & Zeta contain the meet of the primary story, if you don't like that, then there's no point in getting into Gundam. CCA is also a wasted experience without seeing Zeta.

I actually made the mistake of watching Char's Counterattack first before any other Gundam series. Despite this, I understood what was going on due to the various Gundam literature I read on Protoculture Addicts and Mecha Press. Unlike most Gundam purists, I wasn't too much into the Newtype concept; I was in it for the mecha action. As a result, I'm a bit biased towards 0083 and The 08th MS Team.

At least it beats watching another Alternate Universe Gundam title.