Neo Genesis Evangelion Perfect Edition DVD Box Set

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Rahxephon

You might want to try:

Visions of a Distant Star

Sorry it is Voices from a Distant Star.

Thanks for the correction. :)

Edited by Angel's Fury

I do have an additional suggestion though, the Giant Robo OVA DVD set that was put out this year in Korea. It has excellent subtitles, and is a phenominal OVA in and of itself. Note on this one, do "not" get the HK set, get the actual R3 release (which is R1 compatible). It's now available in a 5 disc box set.

Good suggestion. I bought the Korean version a few months ago. There is a bootleg of the Korean set but I wanted the original. It says region 3 on the box and DVDs but its actually Region 0 or all. Its got the horrible Mangle dub, Japanese audio, Korean audio. English subs. Its a good set.

They are finally back in stock

http://koreandvds.com/dvddetail.html?id=8520

[*] Irresponsible Captain Tylor TV

I just bought the first 7eps. on DVD. An excellent Anime with moments that'll make you LOL :lol: ! Worthy purchase I gotta get the remaining 19 episodes. Thanks Right Stuf for emptying my wallet once more. ;)

~G25

Don't forget Crest of the Stars/Banner of the Stars if you want to see an excellent, serious sci-fi. Love it.

I do have an additional suggestion though, the Giant Robo OVA DVD set that was put out this year in Korea. It has excellent subtitles,  and is a phenominal OVA in and of itself. Note on this one, do "not" get the HK set, get the actual R3 release (which is R1 compatible). It's now available in a 5 disc box set.

Good suggestion. I bought the Korean version a few months ago. There is a bootleg of the Korean set but I wanted the original. It says region 3 on the box and DVDs but its actually Region 0 or all. Its got the horrible Mangle dub, Japanese audio, Korean audio. English subs. Its a good set.

They are finally back in stock

http://koreandvds.com/dvddetail.html?id=8520

I was blown away by how great the OVA was. I couldn't believe how under-advertised it went by Manga, but then I remembered it was Manga, 'nuff said. Has anyone done a set, HK or otherwise, of the Gin Rei OVA?

I'm still waiting to see how Manga's Giant Robo DVD set looks. I know I'm asking for a world of hurt, but if it did turn out to be decent and I bought the bootleg instead, I'd be kicking myself, as I really do prefere the legitimate copies when they are done well.

Any word on when it's coming out? Any word on whether or not Manga's planning to pull a 'Macross Plus ME' on us again and dump their VHS masters to DVD? If they do that I'm buying a bootleg, end of story.

• 2 months later...

Little update for anyone who cares. I ended up picking up Mac7 and Space Battleship Yamato. I have finished Mac7, okay series, has its moments. I'm currently watching Yamato on and off, its pretty good, I'm enjoying it. I'm also now looking at getting into Big O and Initial D Second Stage (recently watched the first stage, loved it, laughed my ass off).