Help finding name of old Arcade Game

Ladic

K, I've wanting to find the name of this arcade game I used to play ALOT as a kids in the mid 80's (in fact, i used to play 2 games alot, this one and Trojan), but anyways, here is what I remember about it:

It looked like a Rayden or 1942 type game, where you would control this advance plane, and you would see it from above, but the difference was that as you advance you would pick new pieces for your ship and until it would eventually tranform into a full robot with the last piece.

It was very cool, but I don't think it ever was released in the US for Nintendo.

Anyone knows which game I'm talking about? and was it ever released for a console?

it sounds like Dangar UFO Robo, if you like that check out Terra Cresta they have virtually the same play engine and graphics.I am more in Terra Cresta myself , i do not know how many quarters I blew on that game when it first came out. i can not say that I liked Magmax , but i just clicked on that link to the K.L.O.V. site i love the full motion video of the game in play.

Edited by zeo-mare

I looks like the first one, but I remember it having a little better graphics, unless I don't remember this game very well, which is very likely since I haven't played it in like 15 years.

Edited by Ladic

alot of old games are like that after about 10 years they look much better in your mind, then when you go back and play them again they look weird

alot of old games are like that after about 10 years they look much better in your mind, then when you go back and play them again they look weird

It doesn't hurt that the screens they were originally using tend to be a tad fuzzier than a VGA monitor. 'S a natural anti-aliasing filter, sort of.

Isn't it called 1942 or 1943?

While both were vertically scrolling shooters, neither game featured upgradable ships that eventually turned into giant robots.

Nor did the modern sequels and pseudo-sequels 1944, 1945, and 19xx.

Thus, they fail to meet the necessary criteria.

there was one that i played when i lived in Okinawa, that was on the military bases.

i cannot remember the name. but you looked at the plane from the tail and you were flying a Mitsubishi Zero. and you fought agianst american planes.

i know, i know, unpatriotic but it was a fun game