VF-14 Vampire Design Preference

Which VF-14 design do you like more?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Which VF-14 design do you like more?

• Rough Design (More stealthy SR-71-ish style)?
    • Final Design (Modern Advanced Valkyrie w/ big beam guns?

Seems the only thing stopping the first VF-?? being the VA-14 is the lable Nanashi says it has. Ah well, but at least it gives us a general idea what this mythical VA-14 looks like.

Not just what I say. The fact behind my words. It is a rough design for the VF-14 according to Kawamori which makes it not the VA-14. We don't know what a VA-14 really looks like. It could be quite different. We only have a written description and the Az-130 to look at and to speculate about.

vf14-rough.jpg

So then I suppose we have a contradictory design.

Ah well, I suppose both variants could be seen as the VF-14. It's like saying the DYRL Macross was the 'Real' Macross while the TV one never existed (Which I know isn't the case...)

They're the same plane, only envisioned differently.

Hmm... Going with continuity, the second version of the fighter makes more sense, since that's what the Varuta fighters looked like. But personally, I really prefer the SR-71-like nose, and that's what's shown in the screenshots. That other thing just looks strange.. especially the nose. It just looks like a shovel to me. :blink:

This is an off-topic question, but are there any VFs designed to be used with full-sized zentreadi? The only one I can think of is the Variable Glaug (Zentran version) which seems able to fit a full-sized zentran in it's cockpit and still function.

Every design sketch, and game (though not canon- surely can't be that wrong!) that I have seen does not place the Variable Glug as full size. Especially once the UN got a hold of it.

EDIT: I sit corrected.... the original Variable Glaug prototype is macro. The UN one is normal size.

Only thing I have ever seen which came close was a fan-fic piece of a VF-11 in Macroscale, that had 4 normscale QF-11s on hardpoints, lol.

But, alas, I think UN spacy has no intention of arming full size Zentran.

Edited by daeudi

I find it interesting that so many people find the finished version to be "too detailed" and thus prefere the unfinished rough. Even if the design itself had not been changed at all, the rough version cleaned up would have an equal amount of detail. Just look at the detailed lineart of the VF-1, or any other Valkyrie in the Macross Design Works. All of them have a lot of detail in their finished, cleaned up, highly detailed pictures.

Gotta admit I prefer the final design too. The spade-like nose is a little odd, but that makes it unique, rather than just a rehash of the SR-71.

I liked them both :lol:

Ok, maybe I`ll go for the design concept, is much more meaner compare to the one in M3.

If the VF-14 is later incorporated into the Varauta valks, shouldn`t Max as the Mac 7 fleet commander realized that the Varauta had connection with the UN? Since he DID fly the VF-14 before, sure he should remember one thing or two when he encountered the varauta valks.

Max:" Hey they stole my old valk.........?"

Stupid question here, where can I find Mac 7 plus spiritia dreaming? :D

Edited by Morpheus

I liked them both :lol:

Ok, maybe I`ll go for the design concept, is much more meaner compare to the one in M3.

If the VF-14 is later incorporated into the Varauta valks, shouldn`t Max as the Mac 7 fleet commander realized that the Varauta had connection with the UN? Since he DID fly the VF-14 before, sure he should remember one thing or two when he encountered the varauta valks.

Stupid question here, where can I find Mac 7 plus spiritia dreaming? :D

The Varuta Valkyries were changed to such an extent that they only bare a general simularity.

I liked them both  :lol:

Stupid question here, where can I find Mac 7 plus spiritia dreaming?  :D

The Varuta Valkyries were changed to such an extent that they only bare a general simularity.

I just count it as one of the plot holes. Somebody there should have at least seen some similarities.

I think games are not totally considered canon, despite being in the chronology.

FV

I think games are not totally considered canon, despite being in the chronology.

FV

IIRC, they thought they were VF-4s, not VF-14s. Why? Because both share the wing-mounted engine design. Also, Final Vegeta is correct. Even though you can fly a VF-14 in the M3 game, that does not necessarily mean that Max actually few one in the chronology.

Even though it has not officially been labeled as such, I've always felt that the Spiritia Dreaming design would make for a good VA-14. It looks more like a heavy attack aircraft, with it's chest mounted heavy beam guns and it's SR-71 like fuselage, than a fighter. THe M3 design on the other hand looks alot more like a real fighter, it's buble canopy should give it very good visibility (possibly the best of any VF), and the arrow head nose would help with it's high alpha performance. In my own mind the Varauta colony had both VF-14s (M3 design) and VA-14s (Spititia Dreaming design) in it's inventory, and the Varauta empire used features from both craft when developing the Fz-109, and Az-130.