OLD Models.

Mechleader

Got a question. What do you do with your old models? The ones that you built a long time ago. The ones that didn't come out the way you wanted.

I just finished my Hase Batt and I love it. But now it sits on the shelf with some older models. Ones I did when I was a teen. Some are good others aren't. I have to make room for the thousands, yes thousands of models I have yet to build.

Sooooo....what to do with the old ones? I could put them in a container but...

Thats what I want to know. What do you do with your old models.

I have boxes (LARGE boxes) :rolleyes: of old models that my wife doesn't know about.

I keep them for spare parts or to customize/experiment on. I plan on trying to do some battle damaged or disassembled maintenance type settings with some of them. If the paint finish is the big problem with an old model's appearance, I use a product called Greased Lightning (biodegradeable degreaser) to strip the paint and give it another try.

Sometimes I give them to my son. He is just starting to build models, but he loves to play with them! So while he destroys the old ones, I work on the newer, better models.

Several 1/170 battloids have met disastrous deaths at the hands of a six year old and his gundams! :p

You could always sell them on Ebay for cheap. That's what I did, I sold my old 1/160 Monster and some guy paid me $60 for it. People are always looking for kits to use for parts or to practice on or maybe they don't think they're as crappy as you do. Give it a shot and make some mullah.

I give them to my little 8 year old brother or sell them on ebay or just trash them... but so far I have only done that with 3 of the 80 built models since I love them all...

Instead; I need to buy a bigger house to display all of them...