Takatoku 1/55 GBP Love

Sephiroth

The 1/60 GBP in proportion??? I don't think so. Huge hands, huge shoulders, huge cockpiece. I'd say the 1/55 was more in proportion within it's own blockiness. And I'd also say that the 1/55 was more of an engineering feat 20 years ago than the 1/60 yammy is today.

read the whole thing. he said valks along with the gbp and i'm speaking about yamato being more proportion in their whole line of products, not just this one thing. yes, the hands on yamato gbp are rediculous but they have much better proportions in their toys if you looked at the bigger picture.

i can say the paper clip was a greater marvel than a yamato valk for its time but what does that matter?

In regards to why quality is bad. Its freakin China and these people can give a rats ass what some collector thinks when all they do is press a button on an assembly line for 10hrs a day for $30 USD/month. I've seen it first hand and its rather depressing. Its a matter of having different interests and priorities. To us, its a treasure that needs to be perfect. To them, its a means to buy a bag of rice.

I am so sick and tired of every friggin' company moving their factories to China just because labor is cheap. We know the US market in general don't care about quality so long as we can get our stuff cheap, but whatever happened to Japan, land of zero tolerance for bad quality? Back in the 80s and earlier all their toys were made in Japan and never had quality problems. What made Japanese companies go overseas when they know quality is gonna suffer? It's not like Yamato is trying sell to the US and have to compete on price.

and you think people would buy these toys at the markup it would take to build these toys in japan where the cost of living is rediculously higher and where real estate is at a premium? c'mon, lets be honest here.

In regards to why quality is bad. Its freakin China and these people can give a rats ass what some collector thinks when all they do is press a button on an assembly line for 10hrs a day for $30 USD/month. I've seen it first hand and its rather depressing. Its a matter of having different interests and priorities. To us, its a treasure that needs to be perfect. To them, its a means to buy a bag of rice.

I am so sick and tired of every friggin' company moving their factories to China just because labor is cheap. We know the US market in general don't care about quality so long as we can get our stuff cheap, but whatever happened to Japan, land of zero tolerance for bad quality? Back in the 80s and earlier all their toys were made in Japan and never had quality problems. What made Japanese companies go overseas when they know quality is gonna suffer? It's not like Yamato is trying sell to the US and have to compete on price.

and you think people would buy these toys at the markup it would take to build these toys in japan where the cost of living is rediculously higher and where real estate is at a premium? c'mon, lets be honest here.

There are a ton of quality toys produced in China, it's just that Yamato is satisfied using second and third tier factories to produce their goods because the market supports it...that's what happens when you don't have any real competition in a niche market.

With all the technology that Yamato has at their disposal, and this 1/60 GBP is their final product? Meh! The 1/55 design is an engineering marvel and that the GBP armor fits like a glove is even more so.

Edited by Sephiroth

The 1/60 GBP in proportion???  I don't think so.  Huge hands, huge shoulders, huge cockpiece.  I'd say the 1/55 was more in proportion within it's own blockiness.  And I'd also say that the 1/55 was more of an engineering feat 20 years ago than the 1/60 yammy is today.

read the whole thing. he said valks along with the gbp and i'm speaking about yamato being more proportion in their whole line of products, not just this one thing. yes, the hands on yamato gbp are rediculous but they have much better proportions in their toys if you looked at the bigger picture.

if you pool the 1/60 along with the 1/48s and then grade it one a curve then, yeah... the 1/60 GBP gets a better grade. But read the topic header. We're talking about GBPs.

i can say the paper clip was a greater marvel than a yamato valk for its time but what does that matter?

It's says a lot, when your talking about functionality. A paper clip will hold the paper that's it suppose to. Is the leg of a 1/60 SUPPOSE to fall off when you put on the armor?

Gotta luv the classic 1/55 GBP. As for the Yamato vs Bandai GBP, I don't care. I'm just happy Yamato has *finally* made one. Both versions may not be perfect, but there's enough beauty in each to appreciate their existance. Once again, it's a good time to be a macross fan *again*.

The 1/60 GBP in proportion???  I don't think so.  Huge hands, huge shoulders, huge cockpiece.  I'd say the 1/55 was more in proportion within it's own blockiness.  And I'd also say that the 1/55 was more of an engineering feat 20 years ago than the 1/60 yammy is today.

if you pool the 1/60 along with the 1/48s and then grade it one a curve then, yeah... the 1/60 GBP gets a better grade. But read the topic header. We're talking about GBPs.

It's says a lot, when your talking about functionality. A paper clip will hold the paper that's it suppose to. Is the leg of a 1/60 SUPPOSE to fall off when you put on the armor?

as long as yamato makes a 1/48 version, ill be happy. if it comes in shards, doesnt stay on, paint chips, etc. i dont care because im just grateful and i can fix the small details myself. And of course, imho anything will look better than the chunky gbp :D:P

Edited by madmacks

as long as yamato makes a 1/48 version, ill be happy. if it comes in shards, doesnt stay on, paint chips, etc. i dont care because im just grateful and i can fix the small details myself.

agreed...

And of course, imho anything will look better than the chunky gbp :D:P

And it should... the chunky GBP has served it's time and it servedit well...

C'mon Yamato... 1:48!!! Let's get to it!!!

please... :(

Bandai's HCM reissues from a few years ago were still made in Japan and they managed to keep the MSRP down.

Bandai's HCM reissues from a few years ago were still made in Japan and they managed to keep the MSRP down.

That's not really a good example, as Bandai already owns the tooling for the old HCMs, so there are no design or tooling expenses (tooling is a major cost). It's basically just material and labor cost.

Graham