Trumpeter 1/32 SU-27 Flanker

though I wouldn't normally bother with a silly "pie-in-the-sky" rumor of this nature, I've seen this listed on at least 3 sites so far as being slated for 2004 release by Trumpeter. Unfortunately, no pictures or prices.

Just wondering if anyone had any solid info of any kind on this (possible) upcoming release?

The official Trumpeter website doesn't have any news on this. But I'd bet one should be in the works (huge sucker it'll be too, a 1/32 Flanker/J-11) since its their domestic country's premier fighter.

They have been strangely absent on the Flanker/J-11 kits, which is wierd considering its their country's best fighter. I'm hoping its because they are taking the time to do a proper and accurate kit.

Which sites stated it will be released? I'd like to take a look.

Hi Retracting.

I've been hearing feint whispers of this model since about this time last year, but nothing solid whatsoever. As you can see now, sites are starting to show it as To Be Released, and one actually had a price of $148 for the model.

I think they SHOULD have released it last year, but seem to have held-back in order to improve the tooling and correct a few little details. It's to the point now, that even one aftermarket decal company is planning to release an upgrade decal sheet to coincide with the kit... Unfortunately, still no official date of release.

http://argo.net.au/jbwhole/trumpeter/tr32.htm

http://www.discountmodels.com/trumperter_32_planes.htm

http://www2.stevenshobby.com:5641/si/produ...supplierid=5270

http://www.udisco.com/hobbies/inv/Trumpe.HTM

... I seem to have found the answer to my own question, and the answer is an impressive doosie. Quoted directly from the Hyperscale aircraft forums:

"APPROXIMATE ARRIVAL: SEPTEMBER 1, 2004

___**2224 1/32 SUKHOI SU27 FLANKER-B FIGHTER SRP $149.95

The Su-27 was developed as a long-range air superiority fighter, having improved the quality of the former Soviet fighters. It’s combat abilities compare roughly to the US F-15. Up to 10 air-to-air missiles can be carried and is equipped with a formidable front and rear radar system. This allows the Su-27 to fire at targets in front or behind the aircraft. The Flanker-B variant was placed into service in April, 1981, having been newly equipped with better aerodynamics and an aft radar extension.

Kit consists of 350 parts on 9 giant sprues plus upper and lower fuselage halves, canopy, nose radome and 3 rubber tires. Additional features include white metal landing gear & struts, pitot head and flap shaft, photo-etched aileron and flap hinges and a film instrument panel. Markings are for the 582nd Fighter Regiment, 4th Air Army Frontal Aviation, Chojna, Poland, 1992. Operational parts include the flaps and speedbrake, and opening canopy. Completed kit measures 27 ½” long with a wingspan of over 18".

Oooooh boy, she's gonna be a BIG BIRD! :lol:

Trumpeter is cool and all...but from what I've heard, each and every kit seems to have something that is off. The most extreme example would be their 1/32 Wildcat which was recently reissued as a "corrected" version. At least, that's what the guy at the hobby shop tells me. I'm not going to complain though, since there's so few large scale kits on the market these days.

For 1/32, I plan to snag the Academy Hornet soon. (Good fit, and folding wings to save space). Just have to decide scheme--VFA-25, or VFA-131...

Anyways---wow, a 1/32 Flanker. Wonder if they'll make 50 other versions available. Presumably the first will be a Flanker-B, but early or late version? Or maybe include both rear fuselage/spines.