Valkyire fighting space monster!

hevangel2

Did Mikimoto design those... uh, space monsters? If not, who does design monsters, if Kawamori does the mechs and Mikimoto does the characters?

Hannah/Barbera from the looks of it. And exactly what ARE those turd-like things protruding from the sides of it's head; are they ears or just gay-hentai-tentacles?

Edited by warrhead

Did Mikimoto design those... uh, space monsters? If not, who does design monsters, if Kawamori does the mechs and Mikimoto does the characters?

Hannah/Barbera from the looks of it. And exactly what ARE those turd-like things protruding from the sides of it's head; are they ears or just gay-hentai-tentacles?

They are 'just gay-hentai-tentacles.'

So sad.

So sad.

Looks like Agent ONE knows a lot about gay hentai tentacles :lol:

So sad.

Looks like Agent ONE knows a lot about gay hentai tentacles :lol:

Yeah, I saw M7. Doesn't get fruiter than that.

That does actually bring up a good point...

Even as a M7 fan, I'm not a huge fan of the monster-ish designs.

Though I will say that the Teletubbies are far scarier.

The larger monsters are done by Miyatake, while Mikimoto takes care of the humanoid ones like Sivil, Gavil, etc.

And Agent, the VF doesn't sing.

That does actually bring up a good point...

Did Mikimoto design those... uh, space monsters?  If not, who does design monsters, if Kawamori does the mechs and Mikimoto does the characters?

Even as a M7 fan, I'm not a huge fan of the monster-ish designs.

Though I will say that the Teletubbies are far scarier.

The larger monsters are done by Miyatake, while Mikimoto takes care of the humanoid ones like Sivil, Gavil, etc.

And Agent, the VF doesn't sing.

No!!!! Part of me refuses to believe that those "parents-of-teletubbies" space monsters were designed by the same Miyatake who gave us the wonderful ships and non-transforming mecha in Macross.

Sigh...

Hehehe... here everyone is bashing the Protodevilns and it was Miyatake who designed them. The designer of the Macross itself, all of the spaceships, and destroids.

vinnie

I guess his career is in a freefall.

Actually, I wonder what his original designs looked like. I really didn't like a lot of the Mikimoto designs found in the Macross II animation, but his actual paintings and illustrations of those characters are great. This could be a situation of the designs getting dumbed down or changed for the actual animation.

Sivil was nicely designed.

Anyone have the M7 TIA book? Does it have the original designs?

There's a bunch of sketches into the M7 TIA book: I'll post them when I'll have my scan gone back... :)

What! The Miyatake designed legendary SDF-1 Macross also designed those space monster!?! Something must be really really wrong with him. Maybe he got abducted and brainwashed by aliens.

Brainwashed by Space monsters to draw giant space monsters?

Interesting...

What!  The Miyatake designed legendary SDF-1 Macross also designed those space monster!?!  Something must be really really wrong with him.  Maybe he got abducted and brainwashed by aliens.

Interesting...

Even if he was, you'd think they would have brainwashed him so he'd make them look at least a little menacing.

Since we're talking about interesting tidbits, Tetsuro Amino, the director of M7 also worked more recently on that children's anime called Chacha and something something... Anyway, it's about a little boy and his pet dog/car. I'm sure someone here has seen it and can explain better....

Actually, I wonder what his original designs looked like. I really didn't like a lot of the Mikimoto designs found in the Macross II animation, but his actual paintings and illustrations of those characters are great. This could be a situation of the designs getting dumbed down or changed for the actual animation.

In the case of M7, Mikimoto did the original designs, and they looked great. Then Kenichi Katsura (I think that's his name, I always forget) came along and re-did them for the anime. So, in the case of Mikimoto, yes, they are dumbed down. But I think for Miyatake and Kawamori, they finalised their own designs themselves.

Kawamori recalls in one of the books, I think it's M7 Materials, that in the original SDF show he was always being told to simplify his designs as they were far too complicated for anime. When it came to doing M7, he foresaw this and purposely did simple designs. Then, in contrast, he was told to make them look MORE complicated as they were far too simple!!

Anyway, take a look at the design works book and just be glad that a lot of that stuff DIDN'T make it into M7, e.g. the Valks with valk-sized guitars, with goggles, combining-valks (a-la Getter), etc.

Phew!

What!  The Miyatake designed legendary SDF-1 Macross also designed those space monster!?!  Something must be really really wrong with him.  Maybe he got abducted and brainwashed by aliens.

Interesting...

Even if he was, you'd think they would have brainwashed him so he'd make them look at least a little menacing.

Since we're talking about interesting tidbits, Tetsuro Amino, the director of M7 also worked more recently on that children's anime called Chacha and something something... Anyway, it's about a little boy and his pet dog/car. I'm sure someone here has seen it and can explain better....

So Tetsuro Amino was the director of M7... anybody with a pícture of that troll??? And by the way, whoever draw the space monsters, I don't care who was responsible but he was having a regression to childhood or was trying some sabotage on the show... my 10 year old nephiew does better with scary monsters :p

PS: somebody mentioned the original script for M7 was different to that sissy show we ended with, any comments on this version??

Later folks!

Edited by macplus

Interesting...

See it is a whole Giant Space Monster conspiracy. They knew of his original idea so the GSM capture him, brainwashed him to make sure they were not intimidating to prepare the grounds for their invasion, we will think they are a bunch of sissy monsters...

:lol:

Edited by RichterX

See it is a whole Giant Space Monster conspiracy. They knew of his original idea so the GSM capture him, brainwashed him to make sure they were not intimidating to prepare the grounds for their invation, we will think they are a bunch of sissy monsters...

:lol:

So, they were supposed to be really ridiculous, sissy and pansy monsters then?? well, if that was his goal the designer did an awesome job! I aplaud him!!! :lol:

So Tetsuro Amino was the director of M7... the guy has to die, anybody with a pícture of that troll??? And by the way, whoever draw the space monsters, I don't care who was responsible but he was having a regression to childhood or was trying some sabotage on the show... my 10 year old nephiew does better with scary monsters :p

PS: somebody mentioned the original script for M7 was different to that sissy show we ended with, any comments on this version??

Later folks!

Classy!

It's really good thing to post pictures and threaten death on a guy who made an anime you didn't enjoy...

<_<

Dong.

Edited by Blaine23

So Tetsuro Amino was the director of M7... the guy has to die, anybody with a pícture of that troll??? And by the way, whoever draw the space monsters, I don't care who was responsible but he was having a regression to childhood or was trying some sabotage on the show... my 10 year old nephiew does better with scary monsters :p

Later folks!

Classy!

It's really good thing to post pictures and threaten death on a guy who made an anime you didn't enjoy...

<_<

Dong.

He didn't really threaten to kill him... He just said "he needs to die." Thats not so bad.

Keep in mind monumnets are only built for artists, not for critics.

He didn't really threaten to kill him... He just said "he needs to die." Thats not so bad.

No, I know it ain't serious... but it makes Macrossworld look pretty creepy/scary and that isn't very funny, y'know?

He didn't really threaten to kill him... He just said "he needs to die."  Thats not so bad.

No, I know it ain't serious... but it makes Macrossworld look pretty creepy/scary and that isn't very funny, y'know?

You're kidding right?? Almost 90% of the M7 related treads are just bashing and flames fun, I don't even pay much attention to them anymore, however it's a great source for funny comments, I didn't like the series, period, it's not like I hate everyone who has to do or like it, chill out buddy! we're just having fun here! ;)

You're kidding right?? Almost 90% of the M7 related treads are just bashing and flames fun, I don't even pay much attention to them anymore, however it's a great source for funny comments, I didn't like the series, period, it's not like I hate everyone who has to do or like it, chill out buddy! we're just having fun here!  ;)

Not kidding a bit. And I'm well chilled out, actually. ;)

I understand you were joking around... I just think your comment could have easily been taken the wrong way. That sort of thing can be taken seriously by people who aren't necessarily "in on the joke".

I don't like alot of individual's work, but I also think it's irresponsible to post anything even resembling an actual threat, etc... ya dig?

There's tons of stuff that I think is funny, but that don't necessarily appear funny on an internet message board. This would be one of those things.

Edited by Blaine23