GBP number question

REMINATOR

:):) I notice on the model box art, they had Rick 1J GBP number as 1, Roy 1S GBP as 4, and Max 1J GBP as 7. I'm referring to the number on the chest on that red palette.

The question is, how come Rick/ Hikaru gets 1? Or there any logic or just a random thing?

Presumably because he jacked the 01 in the TV show.

:)  :) I notice on the model box art, they had Rick 1J GBP number as 1, Roy 1S GBP as 4, and Max 1J GBP as 7.  I'm referring to the number on the chest on that red palette.

The question is, how come Rick/ Hikaru gets 1?  Or there any logic or just a random thing?

but he was in his 1j when he had the armor, whats that have to do with the skull001?

:)  :) I notice on the model box art, they had Rick 1J GBP number as 1, Roy 1S GBP as 4, and Max 1J GBP as 7.  I'm referring to the number on the chest on that red palette.

The question is, how come Rick/ Hikaru gets 1?  Or there any logic or just a random thing?

but he was in his 1j when he had the armor, whats that have to do with the skull001?

I suspect the assumption is each character gets their own unique GBP.

Of course, since Hikaru broke the 01, the other characters may just not've got a chance to fly it.

If I recall correct, at first, only the "J" model could use the GBP armour, as I believe the makers of the armour were the same as the makers of the "J" model VF-1. Therefore, Hikaru was just using the first available GBP; Number 1. Later, the other model VF-1's were enabled to use the GBP.

REMINATOR mentioned that Roy's GBP had the # 4 on it's red palette. Can anyone confirm this for me coz I'm planning on dressin' up my 1S FOKKER when the armor comes in next month (keeps fingers crossed! ;):D )?

Why wouldn't all Valks be built by the same company?

I don't know where Barpharanges got that tidbit from, but in answer to your question, it appears that while the design team/primary contractor was Stonewell/Bellcom, the actual production models were manufactured by various licensees.

Edited from the Compendium entry on the VF-1:

VF-1A: Standard UN Spacy version manufactured by licensee Northrom. One head-turret-mounted RÖV-20 laser gun.

VF-1J: Version manufactured by licensee Shinnakasu Heavy Industry and assigned to air team and squadron leaders. Two RÖV-20 laser guns on improved Kyuusei-Industry-designed head unit. The out-of-sequence "J" designation is believed to represent the abbreviation of the region of its origin.

VF-1S: Version manufactured in limited numbers by licensee Northrom and assigned to squadron leaders and CAGs. Four RÖV-20 laser guns, enhanced avionics identical to VF-1A's Block 12 design, newly-redesigned Kyuusei Industry head turret, improved FF-2001D engine with greater engine thrust.

http://macross.anime.net/mecha/united_nati.../vf1/index.html

Note that the VF-1D also has the #7 GBP. I think there were a limited number of these armors made( at least in the time the series took place) and they are swapable. So you could just as likely see Hikaru in his VF-1S with GBP 03.

My two cents.