1/60 Destroids? When did this happen?

irishman

Welcome to ye Macrossworld Forums ya bloody irishman (j/k). I'm not too sure about rumors.....but it's indeed a FACT that Yamato is planning to release the Destroid Monster. Don't plan on seeing it anytime this year (and probably the first half of 2004), I forsee this Yamato piece undergoing MAJOR facelifts. But I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait. :ph34r:

Only the Destroid Monster is confirmed in 1/60 scale for 2004 relaese. No other Destroids are confirmed at this time.

For enemy mecha only the 1/60 scale Q-Rau in Millia, Max and standard colors is confirmed for late 2003, early 2004 release. No other enemy mecha are confirmed at this time.

Graham

That's the first I've seen you mention that multiple Q-Rau versions will be released. Interesting! I hope they include pilot figures. Even though I'll probably purchase just one Q-Rau, having identifiable Max/Millia figures (and a "generic" Meltran) will be a definite enticement to get a complete set.

Only the Destroid Monster is confirmed in 1/60 scale for 2004 relaese. No other Destroids are confirmed at this time.

For enemy mecha only the 1/60 scale Q-Rau in Millia, Max and standard colors is confirmed for late 2003, early 2004 release. No other enemy mecha are confirmed at this time.

Graham

Yo Graham... how did u get to know yamato's upcoming production? Would like to know what will they be coming up with... cos' they r killing my pockets with their new range of 1/48s n destroids!!! arghhh!!! :blink::(

Oh how I dream of 1/60 Destroids to sit next to my Battletech counterparts. I know Battletech is a bad word around here, as is Robotech, but heck, the got me IN to this hobby so they cant be all bad. If they came out with all of the other Destroids, I would have no choice but to buy one of each.

However, Im still hoping that someone will re-release the plast 1/72 model kits, as well as a 1/72 "Crusader" armored Valk model kit.

So I wait, and I wait.

Oh how I dream of 1/60 Destroids to sit next to my Battletech counterparts. I know Battletech is a bad word around here, as is Robotech, but heck, the got me IN to this hobby so they cant be all bad. If they came out with all of the other Destroids, I would have no choice but to buy one of each.

Robotech and Battletech aren't bad words here. Harmony Gold 'is'.

Most of us got our bases with Macross thru Robotech, so we owe some background history to it.

I would definately not mind a complete set of 1/60 destroids. A cool gimmick like light up searchlights could be used on the Defender, Phalanx and Tomahawk (sorry Spartan) using "button" batteries.

Little working floodlights, eh? I'd rather they leave it out and make it more affordable, but that would be undeniably cool. Without transformation, they might decide it needs some extra gimmick to sell well, and throw it in just for the sake of adding another bullet point to the marketing writeup.

We had a 1/60 destroid gimmick thread going a few days ago but nobody mentioned working floodlights. I agree it would be a good gimmick. (Although my favorite is still support vehicles.)

Irishman--you know the 1/72 destroids (and 1/100 and 1/200) show up on ebay all the time, don't you?

Ive been trying to track down a 1/72 crusader (not interested in the 1/100 or really tiny 1/200) for some time now. But Monkeynuggets wont sell me one under $70. Id much rather have a re-release where I can get them for a reasonable $20.

I have to support both a wife and child before I drop money on myself.

Of course, if they come out with 1/60 destroids. All bets are off.

Irishman

Yo Graham... how did u get to know yamato's upcoming production? Would like to know what will they be coming up with... cos' they r killing my pockets with their new range of 1/48s n destroids!!! arghhh!!! :blink::(

Umm, Graham is more or less a "Quality Control" agent for Yamato. He handles most of the Macross prototypes long before we ever see the production variants. He's only allowed to tell us so much though, and sometimes he isn't always told everything. Just spend a little time scanning the old boards (there's a link elsewhere, I don't know where it is now) and you'll find almost a complete list of what Graham has been told is being worked on.

I know they have plans for a 1/60 Monster and 1/60 Quaedelun- Rau.... beyond those, the 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru and the 1/48 VF-1J hikaru, I don't know what else is currently in the works. I could mention what ideas have been tossed around, but I won't start that in this thread (it's not what the topic is about)

Robotech and Battletech aren't bad words here. Harmony Gold 'is'.

Most of us got our bases with Macross thru Robotech, so we owe some background history to it.

Tru that 007-VF-1. Although most of us won't admit it, but we know it's true. We did get our love of Macross from Robotech. There's nothing wrong with that. It's just that some company named Harmony Gold had to screw everything up for us fan boys. I'm just glad that there is so much Robotech/Macross toys out there for us to relive our childhood again. Thank God for that!

I certainly wouldn't mind Yamato doing most/all of the destroids. I'd have to pick up at least a couple of them and I'm sure others would pick up more of them.

Hell, why not pick up Mospeada and Southern Cross while they're at it? Give me no reason to bother with Toynami, please!

Ive been trying to track down a 1/72 crusader (not interested in the 1/100 or really tiny 1/200) for some time now. But Monkeynuggets wont sell me one under $70. Id much rather have a re-release where I can get them for a reasonable $20.

Is a crusader the Battletech equivalent of a Valkyrie with GBP-1A armor? (Is it specifically a VF-1A?)

I would LOVE to see 1/60 Destroids from Yamato.....

Working search lights, and opening cockpits, and missle hatches, great articulation.... If they had those features, then the lack of transformability would be ok with me... ;)

I'm a bit confused. I've always liked the destroids a lot, but I could never pin down their names. I know which one the Monster is (no-brainer there :)), but none of the others. My favorite is of course the one with the two large beam cannon arms. :D