SOC GX-13 Dancouga Question

Qrusader

You're talking about the 'neck joint' piece that slots into the torso? That's the biggest problem with the toy - Bandai made it too loose. Nothing much you can do except to:

A. Apply some Blu-tac to make it stick better; or

B. Not use the neck joint, just fit the eagle head onto the torso and sacrifice the neck poseability.

• 4 years later...

I just got my Dancouga - and actually, I'm not sure which version it is - first or second...have to check... but...

No neck problem.

I read about this supposed neck problem elsewhere, and was prepared for it...and er...it ...didn't happen...

The joint fits perfectly into the head and everything rests securely. My only qualm with ther figure is that it's top heavy and can flop - unless maybe there's some locking mechanism on the thighs that I've missed out on?

Anyways - great figure!

Now watching Choujuu Kishin Dancouga - been through the first three episodes and while it sometimes feels like an 80s video game, there is a good dynamic going what with the exploitation of anger to power the weapons (good psychological edge, kind of reminds me of EVA), and the jealousy of Sara who seems to fight the aliens only as revenger against Shapiro and Men in general ... then there's Shinobu (I think that's his name) who is the lamest of the cast; largely because he's a hot shot ace pilot who cares only about weapons' systems... although I give him credit for being a pretty ingenious field tactician - attacking the alien base as a way of drawing their forces away from the impending battle against civilians was a brilliant decision that probably saved lots of people's lives.

anyways - the figure is ace!

VFTF1

I just got my Dancouga - and actually, I'm not sure which version it is - first or second...have to check... but...

No neck problem.

I read about this supposed neck problem elsewhere, and was prepared for it...and er...it ...didn't happen...

The joint fits perfectly into the head and everything rests securely. My only qualm with ther figure is that it's top heavy and can flop - unless maybe there's some locking mechanism on the thighs that I've missed out on?

Anyways - great figure!

Now watching Choujuu Kishin Dancouga - been through the first three episodes and while it sometimes feels like an 80s video game, there is a good dynamic going what with the exploitation of anger to power the weapons (good psychological edge, kind of reminds me of EVA), and the jealousy of Sara who seems to fight the aliens only as revenger against Shapiro and Men in general ... then there's Shinobu (I think that's his name) who is the lamest of the cast; largely because he's a hot shot ace pilot who cares only about weapons' systems... although I give him credit for being a pretty ingenious field tactician - attacking the alien base as a way of drawing their forces away from the impending battle against civilians was a brilliant decision that probably saved lots of people's lives.

anyways - the figure is ace!

VFTF1

Don't think the neck is so much of a problem, but rather a sucky design. The head doesn't fall off or anything, but it either doesn't turn (without a neck articulation), or you have to swap in a neck just to pose, when Bandai could have just make a joint stationed on where the head goes. Kind of one of those "What were they thinking?" design connection.

On the other hand, Dan can be posed very sturdy without being top heavy. I haven't handled mine for a while, but there are some 'unusual small clicks" on the hip/thigh area that locks and allow you to bend the legs from the hip/thigh just about 5-10 degrees. So that should get rid of the top heavy issue, since mine stands like a brick.