VF-11C, VF-2SS and Solid Snake

Neova

I got the call from my model shop to pickup my WF'04 1/6 Metal Gear Solid Snake Kit and I remember how I missed out on some other great kits cuz then I figure I would get them when I have the time (and money). Well, I missed out then and spent too much money today. Tell me I need to get my head checked out.

post-3-1082297975_thumb.jpg

The model shop(s) I visit vary in selection and there is no one shop. I hit like 8-10 shops on each session. I paid a tad over 2 Benjamins for all of it, but note the WF04 Solid Snake is not an original. It is a first gen product preordered after pictures were released from the original event. Everything is nice, little flash, and the only dissapointment I have is the lack of details in the right hand fingers. This needs to be fixed with some putty and minor-resculpting before full assembly can start. If anyone wants one, PM and I'll help you guys out.

I would love to make both of other two kits available for the masses down the line also but our resident resin guys have their hands full at the moment. The VF-2SS is nice, and includes 3 drones. The VF-11C is a "full action" kit with movable joints. The detail is INCREDIBLE. Make's Yamato's VF-11B toy look like a cheap knockoff. There were two at the shop 4 months ago but I couldn't afford it. Then one was sold, and I got anxious. Luckily, this was discounted a tad so I picked it up. Beautiful Kit from Reptu. Now all I need is D'stance's YF-21 FP and an IHP 1/72 YF-19 FP and VF-4 and I'm happy!

A few members have PM'ed me on finding rare kits and sometimes I come upon some but the prices are usually crazy high (to me anyways). If I see a request and remember seeing the kits, I usually would tell MWers. BTW: The shop that I pickedup the VF-2SS can source kits from Japan. I tried to order IHPs 1/72 VF-4C from them and the price was somewhat reasonable if they can get it. But for now, I'm awaiting on our project VF-4C instead.

BTW: I'm in HK so locality to Japan helps.

Edited by Neova

Ah, I was wondering where you lived, those are nice finds, I've got both those Macross kits and they're both really nice. The Battroid comes up quite a bit on ebay and it's not too pricey but you never see one of those VF-2SS' anywhere, I paid a lot for mine.

I've been wanting one of those VF-2's forever... Musasiya's VF-4 also, for that matter.

I actually have one of those VF-11C's though. Awesome kit! Easily the best Retpuu kit I've ever seen.

Retpuu also made a VF-11B (Macross Plus type) variant, and I was impressed to see that they got all the differences between the B and C types right.

The only problem with the two kits is the decals. They only include the chest stripes and UN Spacy logos for the VF-11B (which are useless for the C type). They're laserjet printed, and not even in color.

They also made a VF-11 fighter mode kit, but from what I've seen, it's not nearly as good as the Club-M kit :(

Oh yea... a bit of trivia about the Retpuu VF-11;

It comes with two (identical) racks of poly caps for the joints. Many aren't used, and others have to be modified for use with the 11.

And on the racks, it says something like '1/72 VF-1 Battroid' And that's not a typo!

Some years ago, Retpuu was going to make a 1/72 VF-1 battroid mode injection plastic kit. Aparently, it was pretty close to production, as they advertised it, and I think they even published pics of the parts. But alas, it was never released. There were rumors that it was halted becase of pressure from Bandai.

When I got my VF-11C, I noticed the printing on the rack of poly parts, put 2 and 2 together and realised - those parts are from that unreleased VF-1 kit!

I thought it was pretty cool to see that at least part of that kit got to see the light of day.

And it actually goes to show how close they were to releasing the VF-1 kit... They were far enough along to make the (rather substantial) investment of having the steel molds made...

Nice Kits Neova!!!  I have the VF2SS and love it...would love to see more of the Reppu 11!

Thanks! I will try to snap more pictures this coming weekend. I have such a busy schedule already.

I've been wanting one of those VF-2's forever... Musasiya's VF-4 also, for that matter.

Maybe after we get the VB-6 and IHP VF-4C out of the way. ;) I won't be building this yet.

I actually have one of those VF-11C's though.  Awesome kit!  Easily the best Retpuu kit I've ever seen.

Retpuu also made a VF-11B (Macross Plus type) variant, and I was impressed to see that they got all the differences between the B and C  types right.

The only problem with the two kits is the decals.  They only include the chest stripes and UN Spacy logos for the VF-11B (which are useless for the C type).  They're laserjet printed, and not even in color.

I fully agree. The same goes for the VF-2SS which have NO decals. I'm need some line art and reference pictures so we can make some decals if need be. The detail in the kit is amazing though. The best resin kit I've personally examined so far.

They also made a VF-11 fighter mode kit, but from what I've seen, it's not nearly as good as the Club-M kit :(

I found Club-M's VF-11B fighter from M+ and it was a grip ~ 133 USD. I should swing by that shop and look at the kit myself. I also found Club M's 1/72 VF-1x, VT-1 Super Ostrich and YF-21.

If only Hasegawa would come out with the VF-4C, VF-11C, YF-19 FP, VF-19S and VF-17 S/D in fighter and battroid modes with full options (boosters, FPs, armor, etc...), I could save some $$$ and be very happy.