HAS04041401.jpg

65770 VF-0B 2800 yen JUNE

new 2 seat cockpit

new head laser(same as incoming VF-0D)

HAS04041403.jpg

65717 VF-1SS 2800 yen JULY

same old mold as original release

include all A\J\S head

include Super Pack and Strike Pack(not sure it means 2 complete Pack sets or just like previous VF-1S Strike Version to get "spare" parts)

Edited by newca

I'm confused....

There is no VF-0B... or at least, we haven't seen one yet. That looks like an A head though...

And a VF-1S re-issue? But the Strike Valkyrie fighter never went out of production...

And I dunno what's going on with HLJ at the moment. All of Hasegawa's product listings are gone at the moment. Weird.

Here's what it said:

Hase. new product:

VF-0B - 2 seater design version that has not appear in the video. Nose is different from VF-0S, and having the same head unit as VF-0D.

available in June for 2940 yen (tax included), pre-order start May 7 for 2646 yen.

VF-1SS - Re-package of remake previous kits.

available in July for 2940 yen (tax included), pre-order start May 7 for 2646 yen.

page seem to be from China.

Here's what it said:

Hase. new product:

VF-0B - 2 seater design version that has not appear in the video. Nose is different from VF-0S, and having the same head unit as VF-0D.

available in June for 2940 yen (tax included), pre-order start May 7 for 2646 yen.

available in July for 2940 yen (tax included), pre-order start May 7 for 2646 yen.

THANK YOU!!!

Much appreciated Vince...so...cool...0B...thats a new one for me...and if Grahams theory about Hasegawa and Yamato constantly redoing the others work then perhaps this is another option for Yamato too! Sweet!

the Chinese introduction says:

VF-0B

a "secret" mecha design, doesn't show up in OVA till now, variable 2 seated fighter(not specified as trainer).

feature: 2 seated long nose, the same "head" as VF-0D.

VF-1SS(?)

same tooling as previous production, just reissue with different box art.

so, what the hell about "1/72 VF-1 jets will stop producing and selling"? how many "limited" goods will Hasegawa release?

What's this about? A repackage for what reason?

The October 2002 issue of Hobby Japan magazine, featured a scratch built two seat VF-0 model, although no letter designation (A/B/C/DS etc) is given. See here, here, here & here.

Also, the Macross Compendium mentions that 4 two-seater, and 2 two-seater armed reconnaissance units of the VF-0A were manufactured.

Lastly, I remember an early color advert for Macross Zero in one of the Hobby magazines, which showed Shin and Edgar sitting in the cockpit of a two-seat VF-0, which was not a VF-0D, but looked more like a standard VF-0A/S. Cant find the pic now though.

Graham

according to anime.net, "An estimated 24 single-seater, 4 two-seater, and 2 two-seater armed reconnaissance units manufactured."

so, there ARE 4 two-seater trainers at least?

from the very first poster of M0, Shin was flying a two-seater Zero, number is 303 I remember... I love to have a second seat :p

Two seater nose with the head of the -0D..

Well this makes tooling the 0D easier, all they'd have to do now is the legs and wing. I was hoping the 17th release was the 0D, but I can wait.

The Strike was one of the original 5 kits that were discontinued if I remember correctly. Although for 2800, I would certainly hope it has different options to the normal Strike: either photoetch, pilot and weapons, or a larger more detailed decal sheet.. 2800 is more expensive than the stock Strike, which is still available from most online stores.

According to the infomration found from Hobby Search 1999, No. 17 is VF1 Super/Stirke Valkyrie, which mean the kit will include all 3 different kind of heads (1A, 1J & 1S)

And since No. 17 is VF1 Super/Strike Valkyrie, therefore VF-0B will be a limited edition product.

Cool....okay....I can handle that...two more model kits...putting me behind only by...lets see...100 kits or so!!! :rolleyes::p

Oh! the old and long "building queue" is geting longer...

BTW: The info came from a site that Nanashi says is using his scans without permission (not trying to start an argument on copyright and so)

According to the infomration found from Hobby Search 1999, No. 17 is VF1 Super/Stirke Valkyrie, which mean the kit will include all 3 different kind of heads (1A, 1J & 1S)

The VF-1S Strike Valkyrie kit already contains parts to make a Super Valk. Including two addtional heads do not justify a 800 yen price hike.

We better get something good in that package.

I look forward to the VF-0B and VF-0D. I really like the VF-0 designs; So much that the VF-1 designs seem rather... bleh (desu), now.

Akula, you can find some interesting pics in here(http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...opic=6999&st=40), although no TOMCAT and PHOENIX side by side.

p.s. I updated the first post, I misunderstood the production number, didn't expect that "old" VF-1SS will take the "new" number 65717...

Edited by newca

Ya i've been following that one... it'll really help when i start mine (once i get off my lazy butt and buy it...), along with anther of WM Cheng's awesome reviews, this one on the VF-0S... Since my parents (i'm only 17 here... and going to school so i'm poor) don't like ordering stuff online (we ordered from HLJ once with no problems, but they're techno-peasants) I have to rely on what I may find somewhere... Anybody know If there is a good store for the Macross line from hasegawa in the West Edmonton mall? I'm going to Edmonton on a school trip next sunday, and I am hopeing to not need to buy more models for a year...

How does the VF-0 compare to the Tomcat in size? I know the -0 is bigger than the -1, but has anyone compared between the tomcat? and have pics?

I compare a incomplete F-14A kit with the VF-0S. they seem to be just about the same length, but the zero seems look a little bit bigger.

I thought F-14 and F-4 are as big as the current carrier can carry. anyblody know?

yeah, they are, but you can see, on the new ASUKA class carrier, 2 VF-0s are lifted on one elevator.

VF is much lighter than "old" jet fighters, and more "foldable", so don't worry about enough room to oprate them. :p

Edited by newca

yeah, Graham, but nothing new till now at the official site.

Vince, the VF-0S's basic weight is 16t, I think the full load weight won't be much heavier than a F-14, and, the Phoenix has 2 most powerful turbo fan engines equipped, the old big Turkey only got F110s... so VF-0 needs not a longer runway to take off IMHO :p

What's the difference between the upcoming VF-1 Super/Strike Valkyrie kit and the old VF-1S Strike Valkyrie kit? They look the same to me. :unsure:

I think you have answered your own question.

The new kit has parts to allow you to build it as either a 'Super' or a 'Strike' Valk, i.e. you can build it with either both the back FPs fitted with micro-missile launchers (Super) or fitted with one micro-missile launcher and the double beam cannon (Strike).

With the old kits there were two separate and distinct kits. A Super Valk kit and a separate Strike Valk kit.

Graham