question about pg zeta gundam

Anyone here own both the pg zeta and pg rx-78? I have a mix of pg parts that I need to sort out from a seller. What is the difference between the rx-78's sabers and the pg zeta's sabers in terms of length, size, and the size of the connection stub? I am asking about the regular sabers, not the light up.

If the models follow the TV lines, the RX-78 Gundam's beam sabers are perfectly cylindrical and fit onto the backpack, just behind the shoulders. The Zeta Gundam's beam sabers have a larger diameter at each end than they do in the center. They fit into the hip armor.

i know this is off topic but... seeing all those parts is very intimidating :blink:

i had such a headache when i build my 1/60 Freedom...and the PG parts right there are giving me another headache :blink:

i can't even finish a MG kit without getting pissed-off...

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

i know this is off topic but... seeing all those parts is very intimidating  :blink:

Then buy my already built one :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3187354491

sure if i wasn't a broke ass muther.... :lol::lol::lol:

also...i was kinda wondering if the PG kit of the zeta had the same hip problems the original MG zeta kits had...yeah i know they're different scaled and all but i wouldn't want to bust anything up when i'm transforming it into waverider ;)

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

I own a PG Zeta, but don't have a PG RX-78, but I have a PG Wing Zero Custom. The Zeta has a light up beam saber which is thicker in diamter for the battery to fit in, but the regular ones where the plastic energy blades fit into are about the same size as Wing Zero's handles.

The other telltale at least where the sabre is concerned is that on the light up Zeta beam sabre blade, it has internal rings that run the length of the blade and I think help to dissipate the light outwards.

Also, it seems that the PG Zeta beam sabre blade is much larger than the other PG blades.

Anyone here own both the pg zeta and pg rx-78? I have a mix of pg parts that I need to sort out from a seller. What is the difference between the rx-78's sabers and the pg zeta's sabers in terms of length, size, and the size of the connection stub? I am asking about the regular sabers, not the light up.

a comparison between the two:

the sabre for RX-78-2 is shorter and thicker (20cm in length, 8mm in diameter). connection stub is also shorter and fatter.

the sabre for Zeta is longer and thinner (23.2cm length , 7mm diameter).

sorry i do not have a camera to take a photo to show you.

Thanks to jolly rogers, mechamaniac, and john wayne and the rest of you for answering my question. My original plight was that I had a box full of saber blades and had no idea which PG saber belonged to which. Your picture shows without a shadow of a doubt that the longer thinner ones belong to the zeta. Thanks alot for your help guys

Edited by gaogaigar

also...i was kinda wondering if the PG kit of the zeta had the same hip problems the original MG zeta kits had...yeah i know they're different scaled and all but i wouldn't want to bust anything up when i'm transforming it into waverider ;)

The pegs for the PG Zeta is not exactly tough enough to hold the legs in Wave Rider mode AND take occassional abuse. One of the pegs on mine is showing white stress mark. They should have cast these pegs as diecast parts instead. Other than that, everything locks into position rather nicely.

The polycaps aren't too great at maintaining poses in MS mode, however, due to the weight of the plastic vs. the strength of the polycaps.

i know this is off topic but... seeing all those parts is very intimidating :blink:

i had such a headache when i build my 1/60 Freedom...and the PG parts right there are giving me another headache :blink:

Don't worry. I started right off the bat with my PG Zero and it was easy.