Need pics of the TV VF-1A Max and TV VF-1J

Godzilla

Cool. Thanks for the pics. I would like to see the whole plane/battroid mode but I am not complaining. It answered some of my questions.

:huh: it would have been good to know what was the question,

If it is if the Max VF-1A TV and the Max VF-1J are painted in a different way then it is yes... ;)

Cool.  Thanks for the pics.  I would like to see the whole plane/battroid mode but I am not complaining. It answered some of my questions.

:huh: it would have been good to know what was the question,

If it is if the Max VF-1A TV and the Max VF-1J are painted in a different way then it is yes... ;)

Oh I know that. I can see the immediate differences like the shoulders are white in the 1J and blue on the 1A. Chest plate is all white in 1A and blue in 1J. Looking to see more differences as I am doing a custom soon.

Now that is what I needed. Damn. Can't do it like I thought I can. Oh well. Anyways I will have need to paint it. I was hoping to swap parts of the VF-1J max for my vf-1A max I was working on. Less painting for me since I isuck at it. Oh well.

There's so much more to MW than the forums. <_<

Yup

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/art/_art_macrosstv.htm

I've seen those images before and they are increcible. Are they touched up at all? Because they seem more vibrant than the TV series ever did! Even the Animeigo DVDs. . .

Thanks!

Hurin

Edit: And now that I look more closely at some of them, I'm almost positive they never appeared in the actual show. Could easily be wrong though. So, what is the source of these? Did the original team get together to re-render some of these as sorta "commemorative cels?"

Edited by Hurin

Yup

I've seen those images before and they are increcible. Are they touched up at all? Because they seem more vibrant than the TV series ever did! Even the Animeigo DVDs. . .

Thanks!

Hurin

Edit: And now that I look more closely at some of them, I'm almost positive they never appeared in the actual show. Could easily be wrong though. So, what is the source of these? Did the original team get together to re-render some of these as sorta "commemorative cels?"

I have to agree with Hurin. It looks too nice and crisp. Not that I am complaining...

I have to agree with Hurin. It looks too nice and crisp. Not that I am complaining...

Actually, they do look like the straight TV cels to me, possibly retouched and sharpened a bit. They have too many proportion and inconsistency problems *not* to be frames from an animation. A cel meant only to be shown statically would have been much more polished and refined, looking more like box or ad art.

The reason they might appear so crisp could be that they were photographed or scanned directly, rather than being frames from video capture. That's probably what the *actual* cels look like. Give or take a few photoshop filters.

-All

Yup

Thanks!

Hurin

They are scans... probably from one of the MANY Macross art books. If you look at some the solid "mid-tone" colors, you can see what is refered to as "screening" (looks like the image is behind a window screen), this is common in scanning printed material.

Excelent images none the less.