Macross II on cable? It's on right now. (NY)

tom64ss

edit: oops, sorry. Action is one of the Encore channels.

I was flipping through the channels, and found Macross II being shown on Action (Sunday 5:20-7:40 PM EST). Never seen that before. Not a huge fan of the story but the mecha's cool and it's nice to see Macross w/ the "Macross" name on TV. Anyone else see this?

Edited by tom64ss

I missed the showing on the East Action channel, its coming on again on the west version. ITs the dubbed version though, wish it was the subbed but its great to have Macross aired on cable. Starz Action has shown a lotof anime. Fist of the North Star, Armitage, X, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop the Movieand now Macross II(saying the name corrently and saying Zentreadi the right way as well) and Plus. Sweetness.

One of the showtime channels, the Beyond one plays GTO and showed Patlabor II the other night.

Edited by Effect

yea, i agree with u guys, it is nice to see the word "macross" on an actual macross product. i caught the back half of the show. Action channel also shows Macross Plus from time to time.

yea, i agree with u guys, it is nice to see the word "macross" on an actual macross product. i caught the back half of the show. Action channel also shows Macross Plus from time to time.

doh! :blink: I wish I could afford to upgrade my cable service to include Starz... err Encore... err well anything better than just Basic Cable

Edited by Southcross

Yeah, I have Dish Network and every once in a while they give us a free preview of the different premium channels they have. I caught Macross II on the Action Channel once during the free preview weekends. Definately cool to see Macross on TV. It was the subbed version I saw. Definately something lacking storywise, but the mecha and ships are pretty cool IMHO.