Happy 25th, Gundam!

Anime News Network was kind enough to remind us that April 7th marked the day the first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam first premiered on TV in Japan back in 1979.

Thus, happy 25th Anniversary Gundam!

Maybe now they can release the R2 DVD set to commemorate soon, and in turn R1 can be allowed to release a subbed set of the original classic after that.

oops, never mind, Apollo Leader beat me to it. :p

someone please nuke this thread :)

Edited by Anubis

My dumb ass went and made a new thread without noticing this one :p

Anyway, Happy 25th Gundam!

Maybe now the R2 DVD's will be released and in turn R1 can then be allowed to release a subbed version of the original classic.

Well then, I won't be poo pooing a living thread when I ask this question. After twenty five years, are they finally going to design a new gundam, or just continue the grand tradition of tacking a few extra bits on to the existing design?

I liked what I saw of the original series, but from what I've seen of the newer shows, all the gundams look just like the old ones. The only way I can tell any of them apart is if they've got some weird bits hanging off the back.

Personaly I still like the gundam from War in a Pocket, best. Despise the series, but the gundam was cool.

Happy 25th Birthday to the entire staff that brought us the juggernaut that is GUNDAM. May you continue to have great success overseas and abroad. B))

Now.....get started on a PG Dendrobium. B))

Happy 25th Birthday to the entire staff that brought us the juggernaut that is GUNDAM. May you continue to have great success overseas and abroad. B))

Now.....get started on a PG Dendrobium. B))

You're going to have to turn your garage into a hangar to fit that one.

Well then, I won't be poo pooing a living thread when I ask this question. After twenty five years, are they finally going to design a new gundam, or just continue the grand tradition of tacking a few extra bits on to the existing design?

I liked what I saw of the original series, but from what I've seen of the newer shows, all the gundams look just like the old ones. The only way I can tell any of them apart is if they've got some weird bits hanging off the back.

Personaly I still like the gundam from War in a Pocket, best. Despise the series, but the gundam was cool.

Welcome to 1999, the Gundam was redesigned with the Turn-A 5 years ago by gaijin Syd Mead.

Now kids, shield your eyes...

Serious! Put on your Ray-Ban! You've been warned...

0072568.jpg