Flyable YF-19 for FS2002 (maybe 2004)

Chronocidal

It's a MAJOR security fix for Windows XP; stops pop-ups, fixes the ol' auto-download spyware stuff, and comes with a shiny new firewall.

The only problems SP2 has is that some programs won't run anymore, the firewall can be shut down with a simple command comming from internet, idiots <_< and it auto-updates itself without asking, so it can reboot itself without asking while you're doing something important :blink: Well, that's Micro$oft for ya :p

It's a MAJOR security fix for Windows XP; stops pop-ups, fixes the ol' auto-download spyware stuff, and comes with a shiny new firewall.

The only problems SP2 has is that some programs won't run anymore, the firewall can be shut down with a simple command comming from internet, idiots <_< and it auto-updates itself without asking, so it can reboot itself without asking while you're doing something important :blink: Well, that's Micro$oft for ya :p

That would by why I didn't get it, plus on some pcs it can cause serious damage to files on your hard drive or windows itself, thus requiring a reformatting of the hard disk. Supposedly that's only the case with illegal copies of XP but I'm not risking it

Well, here's the deal with SP2.

It freaking RAPED my computer.

AGAIN.

That's right folks, it happened again. The other night, I tried to install RealPlayer. After that, I restarted. Then Virus-Scan wouldn't load. Probably a driver problem. I thought it was a virus, but there were no viruses detected. So, I ran a system restore from about an hour before (you'd think I'd learn not to do that). The system restore looked fine, and the system reset itself.

Then all hell broke loose.

I saw the windows loading screen pop up with the little loading bar... then the screen went black.. then it went solid blue, with big white letters saying "FATAL SYSTEM ERROR." Yeah. For those of you who've seen the Strongbad about the computer virus, it was more like "FLAGRANT SYSTEM ERROR. COMPUTER=OVER PROBLEM=VERY YES." Safe mode, Dos mode, etc, all useless. Windows refused to load. Computer=dead.

Now, for the good news (yes, there is good news in all this).

My hard drive wasn't fried like I thought.

I just recently finished pretty much clearing my secondary hard drive off (the one I bought to backup my files during The Big Crash Part 1 last fall), putting files back in place and removing duplicates. So, it was practically empty when this happened. Which turned out to be a very VERY good thing.

When the techie on the phone said the only thing left to do was to reformat my C: drive I almost panicked...I literally had about 100gb of files on it. So, I improvised. I swapped drives. I unplugged the bad one, and put the nearly blank one on the first slot on the motherboard. When I booted up now, I just got the message "Error loading OS".. which is good, since there was no operating system on that drive to begin with.

Long story short, I basically installed windows on that secondary drive, and my computer is now running entirely off of it.

Now, for the best part, and the main reason I'm not dead or in a mental institution:

My main hard drive is still entirely intact. After installing windows on the second drive, I plugged the supposedly bad drive into the secondary slot... and it ran fine. Apparently, the only thing that got screwed up was Windows. The hard drive itself, with all my files, directories, etc. is just fine. It just wouldn't boot up correctly.

So, it's back to the backups again. This time, I'm playing it safe, and I just finished filling about 15 blank DVDs with file backups. I won't be losing stuff like the first time again.

Buuuut..... I've gotta reformat again. Or, rather, reset to the factory partition on the main drive (provided it still works :p). I've been running off a bare-bones install of Windows the past few days, running virus scans and burning backup dvds. I don't even have real sound (can't find my sound card driver disk). I don't plan to stay on this drive for long. Once I've got my files safely stored away, my main drive's getting set back to square one again, and I can start rebuilding this system from scratch.

Now, on a slightly unrelated topic, SP2.... Essentially what I've heard and learned.. don't install it on a computer you've used for more than a few weeks. The only way SP2 will really work well is if it is the FIRST thing you install on a brand new system. Once a system has been running, and things have been installed, programs run, etc, SP2 is one of the worst things you can install. I found that out the hard way, which is why this whole thing started last fall. I was getting blue-screen errors from plugging in headphones for crying out loud. It seriously screwed up my drivers and files, and half of my programs wouldn't run.

Now, on the other hand, when I installed it on my newly blank system (right before the first crash involving system restore) it worked fine. But don't use it on an old system unless you like reformatting disks a lot.

ANY-who... None of my files were lost, so the YF-19 will get out as you see it here. But now I need to finish backing stuff up, and then resetting my drive to factory settings. Once that's done, I'll have to rebuild all my programs from scratch, and reinstall everything AGAIN. Let's just hope this time nothing goes wrong like last time, but if it does, I've got backups this time. :D

Final word: NEVER use System Restore with SP2 if it can be avoided. Just don't do it. You'll save yourself a lot of trouble and pain. It should be a very last resort.

eeeeech O_o glad you dint loose all your stuff after al lthat O_O!,did you check your pms?? and best of luck gettign all your stuff fixed :) past few days i ben flyign around japan looknig for a good airbase for the yf19.. anny ideas im looknig for some what of a millitary airbase on a island near japan.. isolated frome main land.. anny of you know of a good base?? and i also tought if were al lgonna be flyign the 19 and 21 maby we can all meet up online somtimes and do some flying and claim a airbase for us :) iv got that erea 51 base but its in the nevada desert.. mehh.. edwars afb well itsn ot bad but yet agai nwuled be cool to be on a isolated island :)) anny how :))

Ohh hay i was thiking if anny peopel knew how to make sceneery for fs2004?? maby soem 1 coueld try and make a carrier macross zero style??

http://unsd.macrossroleplay.org/asuka2carrier.html

you cant seem uch but with that you can figure what carrier iwas talknig about :) wouled be cool to be able to launch in a YF-19 froem a carrier liek that anny how jsut a tought i had :))

LOL yea i jsut did too but thats the fs2002 old versino LO!L :))

And omg i wish you coueld go to space in fs2004 LOl the yf19 really flys fs2004 to its limit and thats the fs2002 versionLOL! of the 19 O_O!nice speed tho LO!Llovign this ki kass high performance lil touchy tho on the roll but its jsut the fs2002 version not finished im sure it ill be all worked oot in the latest version :)) buti was havin alot of fun wiff it LOL!went to liek angels 99 LO!Lbut wont go higher :(( i wish i coueld fly it right to the atmopshpere and wach the earth shrink and get round and be in space and see the stars and a black sky right in midle of the day LOL woulent that be cool ?? then shut engins off .. let the grvity pull you back down and glide down :)))whoo hoo what a ride that wouled be lol

Edited by Dermeister

The plane flies like a bat out of hell, but is kind of stall prone.. I'm working on the flight characteristics.  The control surfaces are very effective, and if you pull too sharp a maneuver at too high a speed, the stall warning will go off... the plane may not stall entirely though.. a lot of times, the engines will keep it up by sheer power alone, and you get kind of a fish-tailing effect...

Have you done a dive test to adjust the center of gravity? That may lessen stalls and make a happier plane to fly.

From a crusing speed and altitude, throttle back to idle and nose down to 45 degrees, then center your stick. If it dives steeper, move the CG forward. If it pulls up, move the CG back. Works for model airplanes, even though it sounds counter-intuitive.

Can you make larger tail and canard surfaces, which are invisible outside the current configuration? All supersonic a/c need big tails to poke out of the shockwave, that's one reason the Bell X-1 was nearly unflyable near and above mach speed. Also there's not a lot of rudder area under the plane to keep it straight at high alpha.

Really, you don't want to bring a hard-to-fly a/c into combat. What with people shooting at you, trying to miss the ground and complete the mission you don't have the attention to spare for a misbehaving piece of junk. Any plane that behaved as badly as the '19 reportedly has (in Mac+) would have been scrapped long before Dyson showed up. Convenient plot element I say, the unflyable superplane meets the lovable rogue pilot!

Edited by Splash

the only real complaint I have about the model that was relesed (and maybe this has been fixed since) is that at full thottle the autopilot can't maintain altitude (unless you want that altitude to be 200k ft!!!!!) the rest seems to be pretty good, remeber the yf-19 killed a whole bunch o' people before Isamu got it.

lol o lvoe zhat word flying liek a bat out of hell is how the 19 is supost to fly lol :))) its a crazy plane fast high flying ..and that model released is jsut liek a teaser its not even near froem done.. well i mguessing froem the posts i read after the realese of that 2002 model im guessing its takign long for it to be released caus the guy is fixing those probs.. and his pc.. lol that he had to reformat what 2 3 times .. froem what ican read in this thread.. anny how it shoueld be somthing to fly when its oot and the new skins is absolutly nice O_O and yea the 19 umm wasent pilot freindly lol but they worked it out... wel lisamu did and they must of tweeked it..rembmer tis a storie it dont mean that becaus at begining it killed alot of piltos that at the end they dint fix all its probs.. caus at the end it was freggign great it surpassed the 21 you see it when they show the screen of plane performances.. you know the scheen of that big screen wwiff Yf21 and 19 and those green lines indicating performance .. the 19 kiked asslol i wish i had a screen shot of that sceen anny how :))

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello all, new member here. I've suddenly become enamored of the YF-19 and -21 (/ vf-22 S) - just bought the Hasegawa 1/72 kits, been cruising around downloading and bookmarking, etc. Never even seen Macross (hope to remedy that soon).

Chronocidal, this work looks awesome. I second Dermeister - what's up with the project? I'm looking around for FS2004 right now...

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all, sorry for not being here for a bit, school's been out, and I've been away from my computer, so I could barely even get to the internet (had to go to friends' houses, our internet wasn't quite working). I'm working on a HUGE project at the moment, and I really want this thing to be perfect before I release it, so it may be a while still. But it is almost done.. I've just been discovering the joys of XML coding for FS, and adding a few extra goodies to the plane. :) Hopefully I can get it up here soon.

Awesome I cannot wait until another release :blink: I went and bought flight sim 04 just to try it hehe. You should try making some planes for the space flight sim Orbiter I am sure you would be good at that looking at your talent with this...thanks for all of the fun :D