Vermilion Team and the Skull Leader

RichterX

:huh: Just wondering, was the Vermilion Squad part of the Original Macross or was "created" for Robotech, I haven't been able to see SDF Macross original version and I thought I was kind of strange that they gave Hikaru the Skull Leader Valkyrie, if Vermilion was in Macross, was it part of Skull Squad? That would explain why they gave the Skull Leader position to Hikaru.

:huh: So the Vermilion was part of Skull Squad? or Hikaru got the Skull-1 because it was of his sempai?

He, Max and Kakizaki form the Vermillion squadron....although I'm not sure if its a sub squad of Skull Squadron since he's just piloting a VF-1J. (non-official squadron hierachy implies that a squadron consists of 1 VF-1S squadron leader, 2 VF-1S sub-commanders, 4 VF-1Js and numerous VF-1As...correct me if i'm wrong.) Skull Squadron might as well be an entire battalion if that's the case. :lol:

But anyway, Vermillion Squadron was definately dissolved when Kakikazi died and Max and Milia formed their own squadron. Hikaru then became Skull Leader.....or did he become Skull Leader right after Roy died, immediately dissolving Vermillion squadron.

I always thought that Max and Millia where part of Skull when they got the VF-1Js and later after the Macross landed back on earth formed their own Squadron, any way what is the name of the Squad they are part of in that Macross Game? was it the Dancing Skulls? :huh:

I have only seen the Robotech Episodes for that part of the Serie, and for what I see of the first combat Hikaru has in the Skull-1 he was Skull leader and Hayao and Max looked like were assign to him as part of Skull Squad, also I remember in his very first battle when he got his VF-1J he is refered to like Skull-22 or something, I got the last three DVDs of the Animeigo Set and it does look like Max and Millia are on their own Squad by the end of the serie.

Macross makes a lot more sense that Robotech, the UN Spacy are more formal than the RDF, at least they "respect" the ranks a little bit more and not call each other by their first name.

Edited by RichterX

It's called Vermillion Team. I'm pretty sure it's part of the Skull.

Bingo. Vermillion Team was indeed part of Skull and never it's own squadron.

http://www.anime.net/macross/characters/i/...#ichijyo_hikaru

http://www.anime.net/macross/characters/j/...eniusMaximilian

http://www.anime.net/macross/characters/k/...l#KakizakiHayao

Also, Max an Millia, circa 2012, had their own teams within Skull Squadron. In fact, Max was promoted and given his own group prior to the final battle of SWI.

Lastly, please use the newbie thread. I believe this question has popped up in the newbie thread.