VF-1D Second Custom

zeke

Hey Zeke, small world! I'm the guy that you sold the sanded and clear coated Bandai VT-1 Super Ostrich to. I've noticed that your current auction for the VE-1 Elintseeker looks to be clear coated as well. I promised you that I'd warn my friends to avoid your auctions. This includes my friends here at MacrossWorld. Now that I know who you are, I will recommend your name be added to the Blacklist. Sorry, but this is something that I feel needed to be said and done. For anyone wondering about the clear coating practice that I mentioned above, here is the link to a strange highly glossed Bandai VE-1 Elintseeker auction that Zeke had placed on eBay. Keep in mind that even the new Bandai reissues don't carry a shine like this 20 year old item does. Even the armor looks like glass!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

Hey Culverin, how's it going? First of all, I will say that modifying and selling a modified item is okay as long as it is mentioned in the auctions description. In the auction I won, the only thing that was mention about the Super O was that it had a yellowed chest plate. As a collector I decided to bid up to $400.00 for this rare item. However, I never agreed to bid $400.00 to purchase a sanded and clearcoated (damaged) Bandai Super Ostrich. If I'm going to pay that much for something that has been altered, I would have purchased his VF-1D custom w/box. I'm letting everyone here know about this so that they don't get burned like I did. ;)

Rick

Heh, that elint looks like it's been dunked in a vat of Future.

LMAO!!! :lol:

Thanks for the laugh Grayson72. It was the best one I've had all week. This shows that I am not the only one who can see the obvious clearcoating. Too bad the shine wasn't as obvious in the pictures from the Ostrich auction I won. Maybe your right, it could be Future Floor Finish.

Yeah I can't believe people are paying over 800 for that. It's like on the Antiques Roadshow, people have this great piece of Federal era furniture that would have been worth 250,000 dollars but since you had it refinished it's only worth 2,500. :lol:

I don't care how stock it is, it's still been modified.