Yamato Newsletter (9/1)

imode

‚pF1/48Š®‘S•ÏŒ`”ÅVF-1S‚âVF-1A‚Í‚à‚¤Žè‚É“ü‚ç‚È‚¢‚Ì‚Å‚·‚©HĔ̗̂\’è‚Í‚ 

@@‚è‚Ü‚¹‚ñ‚©H

‚`F‚¨–â‚¢‡‚킹‚ ‚肪‚Æ‚¤‚²‚´‚¢‚Ü‚·B10ŒŽ ‚ÉĔ̗̂\’肪‚²‚´‚¢‚Ü‚·B

@@¡‚µ‚΂炭‚¨‘Ò‚¿‚­‚¾‚³‚¢B

Q: Is it not possible to obtain the 1/48 VF-1S and 1A anymore? (No mention of type, but 1S and 1A. Safe to assume 1A Hikaru, and 1S Roy) Are there any plans to sell them again?

A: Thank you for your inquiries. There are plans to rerelease them around October. Please wait just a little longer.

---

And there you have it.

-imo

:angry:  This is exactly what I'm talking about.  I'm about to plunk down for 4 sets of FaSTpacks.  Whos' to say they won't "reissue" it.

Well, if Yamato do reissue the FAST packs, I'm sure it will be beacuse the demand is so high and the first batch sold out, not because there is anything wrong with them. There's not, they are perfect. Well, the RMS-1 missiles are a bit loose on their pylons, but that's the only very minor problem. The FPs are as close to perfect as you can get IMO.

Graham

Re-release of the previous 1/48 yammies is a good thing for the ones who have missed the 1 release

BUT

it is a bad new for the collectors

&

it will delay the release of the 1J  :(  :(  :(  :(  Is it really such a good new afterall ?  :unsure:

Uh. . . bad news for the collectors? These have been out for only a year or two. The price increase has been negligable so far. If you're buying these for their investment value, I suggest you go to the stock market. :p

Bad news for the 1J because it will be delayed? Why? It is entirely possible that Yamato is capable of putting out both at the same time. The reissues are already designed, sculpted, etc. All they needed to do was paint them.

Who knows, maybe they have a new production line.

Sorry if I sound bitter. I just hate unqualified assertions of fact when there is really nothing certain known.

Either way, I think this re-release (if it pans out) bodes well for Yamato and the 1/48 line. Obviously, there is a large demand for them!

Hmmmm, wasn't someone on the old boards saying that the 1/48s would bankrupt Yamato? :p

H

I am not buying the Yammies as an investiment, my point is that a 1st release has always a little "plus" than a re-release (even if the re-release are improved as the incoming Yamotos) Model after model, after a long wait it was a real pleasure to get my 1/48's, that's something that the re-release won't make. For the IJ, i am not sure that a release of many models in a short period of time is a risk that a company could take (it is nothing more than my opinion)

• 2 weeks later...

Any confirmation about the "re-issuing" of the 1S and the 1A Hikaru? I'm considering getting the 1S again since I modified my first so heavily. But I'm not sure if I should buy now or wait for this rumored re-release.

Thanks!

H

Man, that animenation sale is so tempting. But I guess I'll wait for the re-issue in hopes getting a Roy with all the improvements that were implemented for the Max and Low-Vis.

H

P.S. I hope TMP Anime is going on something other than that newsletter.

Well, if Yamato do reissue the FAST packs, I'm sure it will be beacuse the demand is so high and the first batch sold out, not because there is anything wrong with them. There's not, they are perfect. Well, the RMS-1 missiles are a bit loose on their pylons, but that's the only very minor problem. The FPs are as close to perfect as you can get IMO.

Does this mean we've figured out how to take them OFF safely? I'm waiting for a final verdict on this before I put mine on.

Does this mean we've figured out how to take them OFF safely? I'm waiting for a final verdict on this before I put mine on.

I have no problems removing the fastpacks or any accessories with them. I would say just take your time and be carefully like with anything. I think mines will mainly stay on since if have put the stickers on them to color match with the valk they are on.

The Monster is still coming!?! :D:D:D

Now if you boys hear about a string of bank robberies in the Philly area over the next several months until the Monster arrives...well, just don't rat me out to the feds.... :ph34r:

Must feed the habit.....