Can Anybody ID This Monster?

Culverin

to my knowledge, this was not released by Dark Horse...

the problem is that those of us who play BattleTech have never seen it before.

i would love to get my hands on one, but this is the first the entire community has seen it...

maybe you guys know a little something about it?

it's is very accurate and and the size of battletech miniatures (about the size of the Seika Sharpeners i think)

monster1.jpg

monster2.jpg

monster3.jpg

monster4.jpg

monster5.jpg

monster6.jpg

Yeah it's a battletech miniature Vostok 7 , I saw one go on ebay about 4 months ago mint in an old old Btech package. Plus I saw one on a website that some one had in there collection but that was a long time ago.

O and Culverin that thing if I remimber right, it went for a insane amount for money. I would vacume seel that thing up and put it away. :lol:

actually...

it was... kindof...

you see, waaaay back when, battletech was called battledroids...

the sculpts for them suck, but one of the holy grails for btech collectors is the battledroid behemoth, a heavily bastardized Monster...

seen here

behemoth1.jpg

as you can see, much of the aesthetics are still there, however, it was later changed to avoid lawsuits...

so it ended up looking like thus

art-ryanpeterson-Behemoth.jpg

some of use in the battletech community still favor the original version of the borrowed machines, (VF-1, Monster, Spartan, Phalanx) and the Crusher Joe Varients (blockhead, big foot etc)

sooo... while some made it to battletech, some also changed a bit.

however, as you can see, some are also dead ringers to their originals

psycho-pyros-unseen%20phoenix%20hawk.jpg

ok. skip the lecture :lol: does anybody else have a clue?

(ps. dammit. Dark Horse also made some minis that are bigger than battletech for the Robotech RPG. I don't think it's from there)

I seriously doubt that piece was intedned to be used as a wargame miniature. The detail is far too fine and well defined (edges too crisp, etc.). I bet that's some sort of extremely-limited-release collectible pewter miniature from Japan.

Felix

I seriously doubt that piece was intedned to be used as a wargame miniature. The detail is far too fine and well defined (edges too crisp, etc.). I bet that's some sort of extremely-limited-release collectible pewter miniature from Japan.

Felix

Naw, it looks like any other wargame miniature I've seen.

In fact, I have some rereleased Ral Partha Battletech figures that have better details.

Plus a limited pewter figure wouldn't be so small nor in pieces that are set out just like a regular wargame miniature.

Vostok 7

there are dumb gamers *cough 40K* who glue 2 halves together

well then there are smart wargamers, who can put together 15+ pieces for a mini...

guess what category btech players fall into...

so that Monster isn't all that out of place...

in fact, a little low detail for the newer standards...

still, damn, it'd be awesome to be able to field that

there are dumb gamers *cough 40K* who glue 2 halves together

well then there are smart wargamers, who can put together 15+ pieces for a mini...

guess what category btech players fall into...

so that Monster isn't all that out of place...

in fact, a little low detail for the newer standards...

still, damn, it'd be awesome to be able to field that

Man, I could dream up the specs already. But for something like the Monster it'd have to push the 100ton maximum.

Vostok 7

Not sure where that is from, but it is higher quality then most Btech minis, mainly from the detail of the hip joint. I don't recall any minis made for btech with the hip shaft that long, or the drilled upper legs. It also appears to be more accurate to the monster then the painted behemonth mini. I would love to find out more info on it, or for that matter, own one!

Felix

This is indeed the original Behemoth. Check out Brians cache to see all the miniatures that were in the original Battletech game. As you will see most, if not all, have been 'borrowed' from various different anime series. This eventually caused all of these miniatures to be discontinued and some of them to be re-released in resculpted versions.

Cluvern

(I also am over on the Lords of the Battlefield Forum)

There are two different figures here.

The first figure, of which you show the parts kit. and then show the black model are by a guy named Inrepose. I believe he created his own custom sculpt of the Monster. This is NOT an official battletech miniature.

The second, which has the huge blubous turret on top, IS the origonal Battletech/Battledroid Behemoth. They are two different Kits.

It sounds like you and I are on the same quest here, to get a Battletech behemoth. Contact me via PM and we can chat a bit.

Irishman

Cluvern

(I also am over on the Lords of the Battlefield Forum)

There are two different figures here.

The first figure, of which you show the parts kit. and then show the black model are by a guy named Inrepose. I believe he created his own custom sculpt of the Monster. This is NOT an official battletech miniature.

The second, which has the huge blubous turret on top, IS the origonal Battletech/Battledroid Behemoth. They are two different Kits.

It sounds like you and I are on the same quest here, to get a Battletech behemoth. Contact me via PM and we can chat a bit.

Irishman

People can custom sculpt metal parts now? OMG....which hole did I crawl out from.....

Actually its very common now.

Mostly from the rise of Warhammer 40K, or Warhammer Fantasy Battle, the hobby teaches its practictioners to sculpt items out of "Green Stuff" a two part epoxy resin. This Green Stuff then hardens to nigh invunerability. (Look at Reaper Minis for their "greens" section as an example.

Then you have to find someone to cast up your "Green".

From what I understand, Metal casting is pretty rare, and pretty expensive, but there are some places who will do it for you if your willing to foot the bill.

yep...

us crazy modeler types aren't the only ones with access to "technology"...

did you know that wargamers have discovered electricity so that can game it night?

too bad they still haven't discovered the shower thought :p

--------------------------------------------

anyways...

the first set of pictures - all broken down is a miniatures sized recreation of the Macross Monster.

the 2nd picture, painted. is a bastardized copy revamped for battletech. (BattleDroids Behemoth)

the line drawing is a revamped-revamped version - now the clan Stone Rhino (aka Behemoth)

none of us have seen the the first one (the duplicated monster) until an admin at another board said he snagged this off of ebay. i was hoping you guys might know what it is.... and where it's from and done by what company.