Source for 1/72 VF-1 Valkyries

Aurora-7

Still would like to get some VF-1s and at a not too bad price? Check out the link below:

Mugen Toys

I pointed it to their model section. Scroll down to see 1/72 Macross. Right now they only have the VF-1s.

Edited by Aurora-7

Heh, I just ordered some F-14's via EMS. :) (Ehh, can either pay a whole lot of money to get it imported and shipped from a US place, or pay less for the kit but a LOT for shipping). I think cost of the kits and the shipping will be about equal though... :p

Should have snagged a VF-1 while I was at HLJ's site...

HLJ.com has pretty much all of the regular 1:72 VFs produced by Hasegawa. Shipping's not too horrible either to boot. Unless of course, you use EMS...

I agree, however I have not use EMS so far. I had four shipment from them since Feb, they took from 10 to 13 days to land in my mail box from ordering, provided items are instock.

I also had a shippment from Valkyrie Exchange, and it took only about four days.

Oh, there is no customer on model kits shipping from Japan to US.

HLJ.com has pretty much all of the regular 1:72 VFs produced by Hasegawa.  Shipping's not too horrible either to boot.  Unless of course, you use EMS...

I agree, however I have not use EMS so far. I had four shipment from them since Feb, they took from 10 to 13 days to land in my mail box from ordering, provided items are instock.

I also had a shippment from Valkyrie Exchange, and it took only about four days.

Oh, there is no customer on model kits shipping from Japan to US.

Opps....

I meant no custom on model kits shipping to US from Japan.

But there is a custom tax for importing goods from Japan to Canada. It's PST (Provincial Sales Tax), GST (Goods and Services Tax), and plus a $5 handling charge by Canada post. So, for me it's 15% total tax + $5.

Oh and Via SAL, I've had stuff arrive as little as 7 days, all the way up to a month. The one time I've used EMS, I still paid customs, but a bit less than I should have... Also, the shipment (a Yammie VF-11 and YF-21 FP) arrived in about 4 days.

Hello,

I placed my order with Mugen Toys today for some Hasegawa Strike and Super Valkyries.

The prices are great, and purchases over $50.00 include free shipping.

I called them today before ordering, and they seemed very nice.

I'll post once I get my items, or run into any problems. ;)

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

But there is a custom tax for importing goods from Japan to Canada. It's PST (Provincial Sales Tax), GST (Goods and Services Tax), and plus a $5 handling charge by Canada post. So, for me it's 15% total tax + $5.

Oh and Via SAL, I've had stuff arrive as little as 7 days, all the way up to a month. The one time I've used EMS, I still paid customs, but a bit less than I should have... Also, the shipment (a Yammie VF-11 and YF-21 FP) arrived in about 4 days.

Sorry can't help you there. What other kind of crazy taxes would they add on to ship from the US?

Even buying from HLJ might end up costing close to the prices US online stores charge, usually save the shipping.

I buy from oversea just because that store has in stock what I want, and I don't mind waiting a few weeks.

For the best prices you really have to look around.

and for new releases, HLJ is doing these "early birds" pomotions that will save you some. I've got 2 each of zeros and sv-51 at 15% off a piece, plus the shipping is cheaper with mulitple items, I thinks I saved about $10 on each of those orders.

Report on Mugen Toys:

Ordered (5) Hasegawa VF-1S Strike Valkyries and (2) Hasegawa VF-1A Super Valkyries

Total Price: $140.00 (7 @ $20.00)

Shipping: Free

Received: (2) days

Great packaging, no damage

godfather,

Wow, they do have good prices.

Do they provide free (2-3) day priority shipping like I got with Mugen Toys?

If not, the price per valkyrie is still $4.00 lower, so that will help count against the total shipping price.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

godfather,

Wow, they do have good prices.

Do they provide free (2-3) day priority shipping like I got with Mugen Toys?

If not, the price per valkyrie is still $4.00 lower, so that will help count against the total shipping price.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

I'm a cheap bastard :p so I don't mind waiting a little longer for my kits as long as the price is low. :lol:

p.s. They ship UPS like Mugen Toys, so I'm assuming the 2-3 day priority shipping is available, but you probably have to (egads! ;) ) pay extra for that.

Edited by godfather