Has anyone done DYRL pilot recasts?

Wicked Ace

Here is the original thread discussing about a gummy pilot pack which went offtopic because I mentioned Yamato would be best working on big 1/48 SCALE M+ and up toys than making the pilot pack.

I now have 5 different pilots to choose from and would trade all of my original DYRL re-issue pilots for recasts of Hikaru's 1S Pilot, Low Viz and some TV pilots. I also have Hasegawa Ground Crew kits where the original custom Low Viz pilot was taken from. Add a TV helmet to that pilot and you got Roy's TV version Pilot.

AFAIK, nobody is working on this. I would be willing to lend pilots for a recast so long as I get them back undamaged. Yes, even a Low Viz pilot. Anybody want to take a stab at this? Rohby?

Edit - I should mentioned the recasts should have the arms repositioned better ala Jung's custom CF thread. I also don't mind glueing the arms on since re-casts will require painting and limbs off would be easier. Hell, rescult and improve them a tad ala Hasegawa's 1/72 Accessories Pilot's details and we'll have the best high detailed pilots for our VF-1s. Throw in Eternal D's upcoming resculpted DYRL Fixed Hands and we can offer a kick ass MW High Detail Accessories pack for all 1/48 owners out there.

Oh yeh, make a 1/60 pack for our little brothers too. :D

Sorry for the long winded reply. Its the Product Designer in me. ;)

Edited by Neova

AFAIK, nobody is working on this. I would be willing to lend pilots for a recast so long as I get them back undamaged. Yes, even a Low Viz pilot. Anybody want to take a stab at this? Rohby?

Edit - I should mentioned the recasts should have the arms repositioned better ala Jung's custom CF thread. I also don't mind glueing the arms on since re-casts will require painting and limbs off would be easier.

MW High Detail Accessories pack for all 1/48 owners out there.

Oh yeh, make a 1/60 pack for our little brothers too. :D

Great idea! Somebody please take Neova up on his offer for the pilot recasts! I'm sure the "MW High Detail Accessories" pack would be very popular, also.

I gave my gummy 1S pilot to Rohby a while back but I took it back. He was suddenly inundated with recasts of the TV hands that were in high demand. Also, I wanted to find the gummy material similar to the one the originals are made of. Maybe we can take up that project again. Hehe. Lucky for you guys I want the same things as most of you and Rohby is willing to spend the time. ;) Hopefully he's up for this one.

Exo,

That is great if you loaned him your Hikaru 1S pilot. It would be cool if Rohby could cast one, and update the sculpt for a Macross Plus / VFX2 look. Then we could have 4-6 different versions for everyone. Hikaru 1S, Low Viz, TV, Hasegawa pilot and M+/VFX version, in addition to the old Roy 1S, MAX 1A pilot.

I hope Rohby will have some time after he's done with the hands.

I'd like to add my voice to the chorus of those who wish to get recasts of 1/48 pilots (the gummy sculpts, not the original). I'd be in for a couple of TV pilots recast off the 1J sculpt, a couple DYRL? from the Hikaru 1S, and 2 or more M0 style pilots cast from the Low Vis (I plan on assembling a 1/48 F-14 and make it into a Macross version, and the pilots would help).

The material used should preferably be a hard, but flexible, rubber-like resin (I know the suff is available; it's just hard to work with). However, hard resin versions would be helpful to anyone who intends on modifying the recasts to achieve different poses...it would be cool to try to create a standing figure, or one climbing a boarding ladder.

Come on recasters, lets hop to it. I'm sure you'll have plenty on interested members.

Edited by mechaninac