Toynami's Legioss

Torokun

I wouldnt call it stealing, there are only so many ways to build a car so to speak. And there only so many ways to build a GOOD transforming toy. There are many ways to build a crappy transforming toy, but few to make it good. The fact that Toynami MAY be using some the ideas used by John is probably just arriving at the same ideas he did to make a 'perfect' transformation.

And frankly, I dont see too many similarities. Toynami may be trying to make up for the craptacularness of the VF-1 line.

i hear you...

In my mind... Yamto's 1/60 VF-1s were not just a copy of Bandai's 1/55. But, it was a huge leap in terms of proportions. And it really showed that they tried to maximize the transformation mechanic. Not only that, they really topped themselves with yet another innovation with 1/48.

To me, it doesn't seem like Toynami is improving that much. I am not saying they are not trying. But, it seems like they are just recycling a lot of what's been done. Rather than trying to be innovative.

Agreed. I don't see any tremendous similarities in the two designs. Toynami worked-over a 1/48 Imai model. About the only thing that may have been derived from my model was the prominent "elbow" shaped LEX, but then, this feature is in the original japanese animation model sheets, so as far as I'm concerned, it's fair game.

Man you really can't compare the two ;) John's Legioss has got to be the best kit ever made! I really wish that John would finish her and show her off to us in all her glory! It's just ashame that we never showed the proper support to keep John's interest in completing the project <_< Someday... Someday...

The only bitch I got with the Toynami design is the shoulder sensor unit's mount and hinge. Damn that's fugly!

If I get this product I will sure as hell rebuild those parts like that afternoon. I dig the subtle hinge in the vertical stabs, and the fact that hey incorporated most of the sweet features in the IMAI 1/48 kit in a figure that's considerably smaller. But I have to say that price tag is tad insulting.

I agree this should be in the "Other Anime'" area.

Edited by Chindenathus