Macross Zero dub?

khyronic

I don't think anybody on this forum said that...

1) If M0 was licensed, there would be a big topic on it.

2) There is an ongoing legal debate on who owns what in the Macross franchise, and as such, has frozen most attempts to license any part of Macross outside what has already been released by Animeigo/HG and Manga Video.

I don't think anybody on this forum said that...

1) If M0 was licensed, there would be a big topic on it.

2) There is an ongoing legal debate on who owns what in the Macross franchise, and as such, has frozen most attempts to license any part of Macross outside what has already been released by Animeigo/HG and Manga Video.

Actually that's not true, there's been no mention of any attempt to freeze any licensing of Zero. It just so happens that no one has publically tried yet.

Didn't Harmong Gold publicly state that they would attempt to block Macross Zero if someone tried to bring it over into "their" territory? I thought I read that in either one of the M0 threads, or in the big old Legal Debate thread.

There was a rumour that Pioneer/Geneon was considering bringing over Macross Zero, but there has been nothing definite. I think it will be a more likley possibility once the entire OVA is out in Japan.

Nope, HG ain't said jack about Zero. At one of last year's cons, one of the Manga Ent staff members made a joke about Pioneer licensing it which people thought was true. That's the only talk that's gone around so far.

I personally think Bandai's testing the buyer interest waters with Yukikaze, and hopefully once Zero's finished in Japan, they'll license it.

HG shouldn't have anything to say regarding M0. M7 has been available for liscense in R1, it's mainly just too expensive to pick up. M+ has been out a long time now. HG's lock only applies to SDF Macross. DYRL is another story well detailed in the pinned liscense debate thread.

I'm sure M0 wil be picked up, just no has yet. Probably as it nears completion it will be picked up and announced. Someone is probably already talking to them about it.

My money and hope is on Bandai getting it.