I have two toys in question I want some info about

Prons

About Yamatos VF-1A Max, and Bandai's VF-1D stealth valkyrie (I think its VF-1D, not totaly sure) now, Ive heard from gundamstoreandmore that the Yamato Valkyires are kind of fragile (It said in YELLOW BIG TEXT in the descirpiton) so does that mean Im going to get my VF-1A, it will fall of the shell, and be destroyed instantly?

About the Stealth Valkyire, im wondering if that things worth the money?

Please notice I have not bought a toy in 3 years, the last toys I have bought were DBZ action figures, so I have never experianced a lovely Yamato before, so don't kill me for questioning its durability.

As far as I know, there is no Bandai VF-1D.

What you're probably thinking of is the VF-17 (it looks kind of like the F-117 Stealth Bomber?).

As for Yamato valkyries, it depends on which scale you're looking into.

The 1/48 is a work of art and has much more detail than the 1/60 scale valkyrie. But, it has very little die-cast, which can be a good or bad thing depending on your preferences. The 1/48 is much more delicate, and has a notoriously weak back-pack hing. Cool thing is that it has a built in heatshield that comes out for transforming it into battroid.

Be careful with the head laser because it's really thin and fragile on the VF-1A.

The 1/60 on the other hand is smaller, cheaper, and has die-cast in the legs. In order to transform it you have to pull off the legs and put it in these little plugs in the nose of the valkyrie. You also have to switch the canopy and put on the heatshield to transform it into battroid. And the 1/60 is still pretty strong.

My VF-1A Max has taken a few tumbles from a shelf on my desk and it hasn't been damaged.

Personally I prefer the 1/48, and believe it to be far superior to the 1/60 valkyries. But, it's more a matter of preference in your decision. Try to handle one before deciding on buying a valkyrie (that goes for any brand).

I had a 1/48 in fighter mode with fast pack drop off my computer monitor , hit the table and then fall to the floor without injury and then a few months later, fall from my dresser... still in good shape, nothing busted. And I've let a non macross fan figure how to transform my 1/48 vf-1j without breakage.. frankly I think the fragility of these toys is much over hyped.

The 1/60's are not cheap nor fragile. I've had several for over two years with no breakage and minor wear. They have had attention constantly, I might add. GO ahead a purchase one. If your a Macross fan you want regret it.

One thing about the 1A Max is that it has a floppy backback. It's not very stiiff.

The same could be said for all of the earlier 1/60's. Atleast, In my experience. The hinge is an area to be careful with but should not be a deterent from one to buy the toy.

As far as I know, there is no Bandai VF-1D.

Actually, according to toy expert Matt Alt in a Cool Japanese Toys website article from way back, there is a 1/55 VF-1D - at least in prototype form. It was obviously never released, and is only known from a catalogue picture. It is very probably a mock-up, but at least one may still exsist somewhere... B))