Information on Macross 7 Bandai Reissues

Skull Hunter

They came out over a yr ago. HLJ still carries them. I doubt the others will be reissused, since Bandai's foray into the macross revival didn't fare as well as they would have hoped. Theystopped reissusing the 1/55 quite some time ago. Mac 7 isn't as popular as the original Macross series and DYRL so I doubt that Bandai would waste their time reissuing anything for Mac 7.

I don't think even Bandai knows when or if they'll do any more Macross toys. They seem to have a knack for reissuing Macross stuff out of the blue. The reissues of the models just showed up at HLJ one day.

You shouldn't hold your breath though.

It'd be simple enough, but the Blazer and the VF-17D don't have any main characters attached to them and I don't think the other two did that well anyways.

I wish they would reissue the VF-19S. I'd happily keep that on display. An original sold here for about 95 recently. They don't pop up often.

There were boots of the VF-19S a while back, but I haven't seen any available anywhere for a long time. There may be one or two floating around though.

gundamstoreandmore.com still has the Fire Valk VF-19 on sale for 30 bucks. Great for a stop-gap at the least, especially for the price if you don't have a -19 already.

I wish they would reissue the VF-19S. I'd happily keep that on display...There were boots of the VF-19S a while back, but I haven't seen any available anywhere for a long time. There may be one or two floating around though.

I wish they do a reissue of the VF-19S also. I have the Bootleg and it not the same with the fire's wings, fire's color gun, incorrect color shoulders, and head sculpt. But I guess it was better than nothing. :lol:

I feel like a fool because I payed full price (6800 yen) for the reissues when the first came out in 2001. It didn't take long before everyone had them on sale for 50% off. :( I'm not sure what they go for now but you shouldn't spend more than $40 on them. I'm sure you could find one for much less on ebay.

As far as the other reissues, I think the answer is an obvious no. Bandai had little success with the Mac7 reissues and not much more success with the 1/55 resissues. We all thought they were going to reissue all the 1/55's but they suddenly stopped and have not done anything with Macross since.

I paid full price for the VF-17 last year. Not upset about it, I had no prolem paying that at the time. The only question about finding them for 30 bucks if wether I buy a second one. I did pay 30 for the VF-19 custom though.

I see the two going for $30 each on somebody's site. Somebody here had the link. I think Gundam Store.com or something.

Anyway, I would totally pick these up for $30 a pop if I knew for certain that the other two would be reissued.

And why didn't they make the Mylene and Vefidas Valk in that Scale? It doesn't seem complete that way. <_<

I've got both the reissues, I'm looking to trade or sell them, check them out in the trading section if you're still interested.