Collection shame

buffalobob77

This is what I'm worried about.

My ex-girlfriend used to be into toys and anime.  She even bought be several Transformers and Bandai Reissue VF-1J Max and YF-21.

But since we broked up I've started dating this other girl.  She knows I'm a kid at heart but doesn't know I collect action figures (yet).  She collects spoons and diecast cars (I think).  So I'm not really sure why I'm worried.  Though I am.

Any advice?

Randy

I'd say just drop the bomb on her. Back before I was together with my Girlfriend I used to hide it from her then one day she got into my room before I could hide everything. (cue slow motion running and yelling NOOOOO!) Anyway she just laughed about it, she was probably more thrown off by the mountain of dirty clothes.

So I think telling her upfront is a lot less stressful in the long run. Plus if she doesn't like it you can justify your collection with "Well does your spoon transform into 3 different modes?"

Yeah that will put her in her place

Good advice buffalobob77! Other than that Powered Convoy, I don't think you have nothing to worry about with your current gf.

Personally U dont' care what other ppl think. It's somethign that I love and something I can afford. I'm a bit nervous when I start dating someone, and show them my collection (4 display cases full...), and I figure that if they can't handle it, then they aren't going to be around for a long time.

Under no circumstances would I "hide" my collection for any reason. I'm not ashamed of it, and it makes me too happy every day to walk by it and look in.

My girlfriend (and ex's) weren't into anime, but neither did they chastise me for my collection. They understood that it was important to me, and that was enough.

Now, if I only I could get my current girlfriend to watch anime, and play Halo with me, I'd be in heaven :)

Peace!

Let me give ye some advice on getting chix to watch anime. IF you can get them to sit and watch, you need to try all different kinds of stuff on her. Not just the stuff you like, but try all different kinds that might seem interesting to her. IF you can get her to watch a bunch, and she suddenly finds one she likes... MISSION SUCCESSFUL. From then on she will appreciate it and prolly go out and try to find more that she likes :) Only gets better from there. You just gotta find one that she likes and it's sunny skies after that.

(I think this thread is starting to turn into our local "Group Thing", Bad Boys II comes to mind B))

:D Wow. You guys are great. I display my stuff (most anyway) and get some harsh comments. You know, like:

" <_< when are you going to grow up?"

" :blink: why do you have TOYS?!?!"

" :huh: that plane has legs."

and such....

Bah! I do things well enough so, in my opinion, the only difference between me and people who have "grown up" is that they are boring, really...

"Man, i sure wish i sat around and decayed all day." :rolleyes: "makes me so 'mature' to pretend to be something I'm not."

As far as i'm concerned, my collection kinda "protects" from people like that... :)

when people do come over, she does say, can you please hide some of your weapons. but never my valks!

I get that sometimes too! :p

Edited by Phren

Some men have model trains and occupy the whole basement for their miniature world, others collect stamps and we... We collect kick-ass toys!

And I don't care what people say. Their just jealous or lack imagination.

so i grabbed his crap and threw it out in the hallway and told him to "GET OUT!!! and if see you in my building again, i'm gonna cut your head off with my sword and call it self defense". 

i mean, what kind of person shows up at a strangers house and starts looking through their closets?  and this wasn't just some kid, the guys 32 years old!  :angry:

Hmmm, Valk-collectors have swords... Must get one too. Also practical to threaten the DM at D&D. :p

Now, if I only I could get my current girlfriend to watch anime, and play Halo with me, I'd be in heaven :)

Peace!

Ha Ha, i broke out the playstation before donating it and played the ol lady in ?techin? and beat her where she couldnt move everytime, now she wont play anymore,,,oh well, thats what yer buddies are for,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,get back in the kitchen and make me some pie,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,dodges boomerang shoe :rolleyes: