VF-4 foes?

Regults, Glaugs, any regular Zentraedi mecha should be fine. Only aces would likely mass up more than a few Q-raus if they're lucky, so that's something to consider as well. A majority of Regults and only a couple Glaugs would probably be best for a "kill" spread.

Edited by Anubis

Mysterious black holes that they all get sucked into, allong with the ship they were launched from... As far as I know THAT is the only enemy the VF-4 ever had.

Mysterious black holes that they all get sucked into, allong with the ship they were launched from... As far as I know THAT is the only enemy the VF-4 ever had.

But how would[/]i one display that below their canopy?

:D

Seriously, it's really up to you. Is it PC to include kill marks that are easily identified with the Zentran and Meltran who are now allied with the human race?

Something to think about.

But how would[/]i one display that below their canopy?

:D

Since they only came across one and lost, they won't have to worry about it.

VF-4s would mostly be engaging Regults.

Queadluun-Rau's and Nousjadeul-Ger's would be less common, but both would be more likely than the Gluag, remember that Kamjin's were amongst the last known units what with the factory that pruduced them being destroyed during the war with the supervision army.

VF-4s would mostly be engaging Regults.

Queadluun-Rau's and Nousjadeul-Ger's would be less common, but both would be more likely than the Gluag, remember that Kamjin's were amongst the last known units what with the factory that pruduced them being destroyed during the war with the supervision army.

Yeah, that's true, forgot there were less Glaugs than anything else. So I'll revise to say majority Regults, maybe a N-Ger or two.

Realistically, Zentraedi kill markings probably wouldn't be used post-Space War 1, considering your wingman may well be Zentraedi, but if you want to make the markings then majority Regults is the way to go.

Good! Option one:

2 Glaugs + 7 Regults

Option 2:

7 Giant Marshmallow men and 2 Legendary Black Beast of ARGGHHHhhhhh... (the closest thing to a black hole I know)

thnx for the feedback!

Gorgon

Don't forget rabbits.

What I did when I put kill markings on one of my color schemes (an alternate Sudnowners scheme actually) was to just use Zentradi military insignia. It follows with the old WWII tradition of putting the national flag of your kill on the side of the plane rather than a picture of a fighter.

post-2-1078792928_thumb.gif

Good! Option one:

2 Glaugs + 7 Regults

Option 2:

7 Giant Marshmallow men and 2 Legendary Black Beast of ARGGHHHhhhhh... (the closest thing to a black hole I know)

thnx for the feedback!

Gorgon

Don't forget rabbits.

Rabbits!!! You're right!!!, But only for Top Gun Aces, and equipped with the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch! (Battroid mode only).

Now, seriously ( :huh: ) and this should go to the fan art section... What about some "Monty Python's Flying Circus" color scheme? After all it's a "Flying Circus"!!!

Regds,

Gorgon

p.d.: no parrot kill marks. they come already dead...

What I did when I put kill markings on one of my color schemes (an alternate Sudnowners scheme actually) was to just use Zentradi military insignia. It follows with the old WWII tradition of putting the national flag of your kill on the side of the plane rather than a picture of a fighter.

That's a good idea, but still does not solve the "Zentraedi Wingman Problem". I'll try a couple of alternatives and post them in the VF-4 thread.

Regds & Thnx,

Gorgon

(seriously considering using *option 2*)

Yeah, Zentraidi might now be part of the UN forces, but they'd either be fighting anti-UN zents or new, pre-culture zents. Pretty much, if they've joined the Human military, they're going to be considered traitors by any enemy zentraidi they come across and attacked.

That's a good idea, but still does not solve the "Zentraedi Wingman Problem". I'll try a couple of alternatives and post them in the VF-4 thread.

Regds & Thnx,

Gorgon

(seriously considering using *option 2*)

Well those are insignia of the Zentradi Military not the Zentradi race. Considering that the main foe any VF-4 would face is the Zentradi Military, putting their insignia for kill marks makes sense (wether they're racially Zentradi or not).

Gerwalker has called my attention to the October 2001 issue of Model Graphics in this very site, I mean, HERE, were you can see nice kill marks on this VF-1, "halfway" between flags (the rectangular shape, that reminds the WWII style referred by Nied) and profiles. Oddly enough, however, the kill marks are in the FAST Packs... this was my first attempt, but I'll try the Model Graphix style as well.

I guess I'll follow the tests in the CG VF-4 thread in Fan Works.

Thnx,

Gorgon.

post-2-1079092448.jpg